Sqaure Dancing (Angel Reader x Crazy!Cas)

(Y/n). We need you. Pronto. It's important, please hurry up your angel shit wherever you are. Listen this time, would you?

Dean's voice bonks around in your head, louder than the rest of Angel Radio somehow, the bastard. You tune it out, seeing as you have rounds to make and duties to serve. Will the Winchesters ever shut up? Don't they get that you can't just flap around and fix their problems 24/7?

It's Cas, (y/n). It's bad.

And with a whoosh of air, you find the Winchesters. A quick glance around tells you you're in a hospital, but you very soon spot Castiel and don't bother to check your surroundings any further. You look him over for wounds, but he seems physically fine. The thing was... he... appeared to be... square dancing.

"Fuck! (Y/n)! I knew you were coming and it still surprised me, Jesus," Dean said as he noticed you, but you paid him little attention. Instead, you look to Sam with a quizzical expression.

"Who is possessing him? Why must they mock him with this tomfoolery?" Sam gave you a look that you did not understand. It seemed along the lines of sadness, but.. different.

"(Y/n)... I don't know how to... Uh... that's just Cas. He... well, he came back and-" you must have shown too much alarm, because Sam suddenly stopped talking. Stepping forward cautiously towards the still square dancing Castiel, you reach your hand out.

"Castiel? Castiel, can you hear me? Are you in there?" but instead of your Castiel coming out and saying he was making a joke, doing what the humans do, and had even gotten Sam and Dean in on it, impressed with himself, you got only the most frightening response. Castiel grabbed your arm and pulled you around as he square danced.

"No. No, I did not do that. You are making that up," Castiel said in denial, knowing he had been out of it, but not wanting to believe he did such a thing. But the whole group was laughing, knowing it was true. Even Bobby, the only one at the table who hadn't been there at the time, knew it was true. You sipped your strange burning drink as Dean had instructed.

"Castiel, I do not make up stories. You really did force me to square dance. It was Playford's Newcastle style, if I'm not mistaken," the boys laugh even harder at this, shaking their heads disbelievingly at you, which you do not understand. You watched this very style be created. In any case, Castiel's cheeks are very rosy.

"Well, I... I am sorry, (y/n), for forcing you to square dance," he says sheepishly, but you make a smile in response to show that you feel happy. Reliving that story, as strange as it is, really does make you feel happy.

Castiel makes you happy.

I know it's not my best work, but I always kinda loved the concept and dynamic of an angel's simple emotions clashing with Crazy!Cas. hope you enjoyed! (seriously you better have enjoyed it bc I read the entire square dancing wiki to find an obscure reference for an angel to make)