Breakfast of Champions (WinchestersXFem!Reader)

the little picture thingie is the scene that inspired this 100% I fucking loved that bit and to be totally honest I think about it a lot. set up: you, your boyfriend Dean, and Sam are all new to the bunker when a special holiday comes up that your trio just has to celebrate for.

"(Y/n)!! Come on, wake up, we have a surpri-" you heard Dean's voice from somewhere in the bunker get abruptly cut off by some shushing. Normally, you would've been pretty confused and intrigued, but it was still an ungodly hour in the morning, so all you could mange was a useless grunt. Rolling over in the soft sheets, you couldn't care less about what your boyfriend meant. The only thing worth caring about was getting back to sleep and soothing your aching muscles.

"Stop, stop! It's her birthday, Dean! You can't do that!" Sam and Dean must have been closer now, bickering over who cares what - your birthday? Couldn't it wait? You were older. Hooray.

"I made all that fancy - Sam! Let me through! She's getting her ass out of bed before it gets cold, end of story!" Well, now you couldn't escape it. The fools really couldn't keep their voices down. You were awake. You debated faking it for a minute, but with Dean's determined tone, you doubted it would've made a difference.

"At this hour? Dean, just because you got up all antsy to celebrate doesn't mean she needs to be spending her day sleep deprived!" Ah, good old Sam. At least somebody was in your corner on this one.

"But it's a big day! She can't miss the breakfast I made her!" you could practically see your ever mature boyfriend stomping his feet like a toddler, fists all balled up. You snorted a little, deciding listening to this fight wasn't so bad - they were pretty cute, after all. But of course, your wish wasn't granted. The boys suddenly switched to talking in hushed tones that faded away even more with clomping footsteps.

About three minutes after the fact, with you still not fully awake yet definitely not asleep, your door burst open.

"Happy Birthday!" Dean practically screamed, and his enthusiastic face completely distracted you for a moment, barely noticing the tray that he was balancing with Sam. The taller Winchester elbowed his brother, muttered something disapprovingly to him, and then smiled sheepishly at you.

"Sorry, (y/n). I tried to stop him. But now that the whole world is awake-" he gives Dean a glare, which is only met with rolling eyes "- we made you breakfast, now served conveniently in bed!" And only now do you really get a chance to fully examine the tray they held, and when you did, all of the air somehow was sucked out of your lungs.

There was a stack of pancakes that had to be as tall as Sam. Next to that was a big glass of juice, and rows and rows of more condiments and toppings than anyone should ever be in possession of at once. Just at first glance, you could spot maple syrup, honey, chocolate chips, peanut butter, peanuts, strawberries, blueberries, a couple fruits even you couldn't name, powdered sugar, slices of butter, and probably seven different types of jam. There was a side of eggs; some scrambled, some over easy, - a couple even looked poached - and toast, bacon, sausage, and more, more, more. In that moment you weren't sure if there was any breakfast food not on display in front of you.

"Huh? Yeah? Looks amazing, right? Looks good? You like it? C'mon! Eat, eat, eat!" Dean gushed, taking the tray completely into his own hands, incredibly eager to deliver the meal. It was all you could do to whisper a quick "oh my god," as he rushed it over to where you were now sitting up in bed. As he came closer you could see that there was even more food than you thought, and you found yourself staring in awe. You couldn't even remember the last time someone that didn't work minimum wage cooked and served you a meal. Was there even a last time?

"It's... extraordinary. Just... wow. Wow. Wow, guys," you knew some bigger thanks were in order than a lame 'wow', but it was hard to focus on words when as far as the eye could see there was food - food made just for you. Sam chuckled and joined you, the boys sitting on the bed with you now. Dean and you worked, and mostly, failed, to keep the tray steady in your lap as you continued to gape. After a minute of them looking at you expectantly and you struggling to pick your jaw off the floor, you decided you had to say something.

"Guys, I... Where did you even get all this food? This is incredible. You think I can eat all of this? God, guys, I love you. Wow. This is so much food!" a frown started to form on your face. "No, wait, guys, we can't afford this! We're already cutting it close with fraud, and you know I said dipping into my savings was off-limits, and-" Dean shuts you up by leaning in to kiss you, having to stop when the tray tilts and you two almost knock it all over. You bite your lip as you grab it desperately, look up in slight fear, but as soon as you see the boys on the verge of laughter, you let yours loose too, all of you taking a minute to chuckle about the close call. But the laughter from that fades shortly after, when Dean puts his serious face on.

"You need to shut your mouth and start filling it with food. None of this money crap, not today," he commands, giving you a look that tells you he means it. You turn to Sam for support, because it really is unreasonable to be wasting resources on silly and extreme amounts of food, and expect him to back you up with the same reasoning. No dice.

"Sorry, (y/n), but I have to agree with Dean here. I mean, is now really the time to worry? It is your birthday, you know," you give a little sigh, clearly having lost this battle.

"Alright, alright. Now then. Who's going to help me eat all of this shit?" you retort with a smirk.

"Shit?! Are we looking at the same tray of food? That, right there, that is a masterpiece created by yours truly," Dean defends his food, joking - but at the same time, not joking.

"Hey now, what am I, chopped liver! It was my idea!" Sam fights back, with a little too much conviction.

"Your idea, my ass! I cooked it!"

"I bought it all and brought it to her bed, you loser! You wanted to drag her up and out of here!"

"Oh, please..," Dean continued, but you faded a bit. You were smiling too wide to concentrate exactly on what witty comebacks they had for each other. The overwhelming feeling of happiness made everything unimportant. Everything but that moment.