The Truth Of Naomi

After travelling for a good mile across Moonscar Island, Braedey landed on an open stretch of ground, and Naomi lets go of his neck. The brunette looked back, and he saw no sign of the zombies anywhere.

"Okay. Looks like we've given them the slip." Braedey sighed, then looked to Naomi, who had her head down. "Hey. You okay? Don't tell me you suffer from air sickness."

"No, it's okay." Naomi reassured him. "It's just that... I am amazed to see how much you grew, Braedey." She told him, and Braedey looked in confusion.

"'How much I've grown?' What are you talking about?" Braedey asked. "What do you mean? How do you know about me?"

"Okay. I believe it's time to tell you the truth." Naomi stood up, then gripped the sides of her hood. "Now, please don't get scared by this." She warned him, and pulled back the hood to reveal her face, head, and hair to Braedey.

His eyes widened in shock and surprise. There, standing before him, was a woman, with fair white skin, around 35yrs in age, with gentle blue eyes, and small red lips. Her golden brown hair reached down to her shoulders with a gentle flow, while two strands framed her angelic-like face, and had a small red hair clip in her hair.

Braedey's eyes locked onto the woman's, and he saw they were the same as his. Small tears slowly began to appear in his eyes, as he now realised who Naomi was. "Mum..." He whispered, then hugged his mother tightly.

"My son. You're okay." 'Naomi', or now officially known as Valka, Braedey's biological mother, spoke in her calm and soothing voice to her son, and gently patted his head.

Braedey then lets go of his mother, and looked at her. "But, I don't understand." He said to her. "I thought you and Dad died when the high-speed-train crashed into the car."

"You see, I haven't truly told you what I do in my spare time besides being a genetic scientist." Calla sat down on a flat rock. "I am actually a sorceress, and thus, I had been working on special spells."

"But, how did you survive the train accident?" Braedey asked.

"Okay. Here's how it happened..." Valka then began to explain what happened.

~*~*~
{FLASHBACK}

Valka groaned to herself, as she felt what was gravel underneath her. She slowly lifted her head, and she saw the wreck of the front of what was her's, her husband's and son's car. She was wearing a red sleeveless shirt, along with tight denim jeans, and red converse lace shoes.

She sat up immediately, then dove for the trees, hiding from view to be safe. She then saw her husband's mutilated body, and worried for her son. She then heard crying, and to her relief, she saw Braedey, and he was unharmed, since the rear of the car was relatively intact.

'What am I gonna do?' Valka thought to herself. 'Even if I want to reveal myself to Braedey, I can't take the risk of revealing myself after my supposed 'death'. It's too risky.' She then thought about how she survived. 'Wait...my latest invulnerability and ghosting tricks must've made me survive the initial impact, and I flew out and through the bodies of the train and the car.'

She then watched Braedey being placed into the back of a Police car to be taken to a station. 'At least he'll be safe.' She sighed to herself, as she climbed down the tree. Then, she found a black cloak, and puts it on immediately, and it concealed any and all appearance of her. 'I am very sorry, Braedey. I hope to find you in the future. It's just too early to get back together.'

With that, the cloaked figure disappeared into the darkness of the forest nearby the railroad tracks, the. She vanished into thin air, almost like a ghost...

~*~*~
{END FLASHBACK}

"...and ever since that day, I had taken shelter in some places, along with our home, and also changed my name to Naomi, so I cannot attract attention, and had continued on my work of science and magic, merging the two together to create amazing things." Valka continued to explain. "Then, I found some work here on Moonscar Island as a gardener, since I was once a florist before I decided to become a scientist, but as I did, I saw things that cannot be described by mere mortals." She leaned forward. "Dark forces surround this island, and the source of it all is hidden underneath Simone and Lena's house."

"Simone and Lena?" Braedey was confused. "They look too nice to be evil."

"Braedey. Who would you trust: appearances, or your own mother?" Valka asked a serious question.

"I trust you, of course." Braedey then began to think about something. "Wait..." he tapped his chin. "The ghost of Morgan Moonscar wrote 'GET OUT' and 'BEWARE' in the kitchen at the house, almost like a warning to us. Next, the body of the dead pirate comes back to life, and Simone suggested we should stay for the evening." Pieces of the puzzle then began to fall into place, and he realised the culprits. "My God..." he whispered.

Suddenly, the two Martins heard the sounds of screaming from two certain scaredy cats in the far distance, and the mother Martin knew who it was. "It sounds like your friends are in trouble." She said to him.

"Shaggy and Scooby! I've got to help them!" Braedey declared, just as Valka stood next to him. "Mum?"

"I'm going with you, and you may need this." Valka held out her right hand, then created a magic circle from it. Next, she reached into the red magic circle, and she pulled out a rather interesting weapon.

It was a rather large sword. It seemed to be half the size of Braedey, reaching down from his feet to his midsection. It had a gold and white hilt, with a mix of a katana and a rapier hybrid hilt, whilst the blade seemed to have highly refined detailing in different colours down the length of the large blade, and the blade was large at the hilt, then slowly slimmed down into a small curved tip.

"Your sword: the mighty Caliber." Valka announced, as Braedey took the hilt, and to his shock, it seemed to weigh nothing more than a Magnum Revolver. "It is yours to keep. I infused the magic of the six elements of Earth inside it, so you have the power of Water, Earth, Fire, Wind, Light, and Darkness."

Braedey held the sword, feeling the energy of the blade flow through him, and he smiled. Then, as he twirled it about around his body, amazingly not ripping his clothes, the sword flew up into the air, spun like a top, with the blade pointing to the ground, then fell down to the ground, and slid into a scabbard that magically appeared on Braedey's back.

"Okay. Let's go." Braedey fired a cable to a large tree 30ft away, and Valka wrapped her arms around his neck. "Hang on tight. It's time to fly!"

Then, with all his might, he pulled him and Valka into the air, soaring above for a moment, then gravity took over. But, Braedey fired another cable from his right wrist, and soon enough, he and Valka were swinging from tree to tree like Tarzan in the jungle.

"AAAHHH-AAHHAAHAAA-AAHHAAHAAAA!!!" He bellowed out, as his Tarzan call echoed out, until it disappeared into the distance.

~*~*~

A/N: what do you think about this? Did you enjoy this chapter? Was this unexpected to you? Tell me what you think in the comments.