Chapter 4: Nightmares

Laura's POV

~that night~
I heard screams. Blood. Then taunting. More screaming. More blood. I got pushed onto the ground. I was shaking like crazy. My heart pounding like a hammer. Then my moms beautiful face was in front of me. But it dissolved into a mass of blood. Broken glass lay shattered on the floor.
"LAURA!" I heard my dad screaming my name. Then it went pitch black. I woke up with a start. I sat up and I found out that I was sweating and shaking. I don't know why, but I started to hyperventilate. I got out of bed and reached for my phone and called Calum. "Hello?" Calum answered groggily.
"Come over. Now," I demanded, almost in tears. I didn't care about the rules. I needed my best friend.
"Laura? Are you okay? It's like 2 AM," Calum asked worriedly, obviously more awake.
"Just come to my room now. I need you," I told him.
"Okay be right over," he said and he hung up. I couldn't take it. I've had that dream 3 times already. I started to hyperventilate again. I paced quickly waiting for Calum. Calum was my ultimate best friend.When we were in 6th grade, he got bullied and started to get really depressed. That was the same year the crash happened. I shuttered as I thought of the crash. I would be there for Calum 24/7 and he would be there for me 24/7. A knock interrupted my thoughts. I opened the door quickly.
It was Calum.

Calum's POV

The door opened. Laura stood there in the doorway looking pale and I could tell she was shaking. I immediately hugged her. I couldn't stand to see her like this.
"Laura, what happened?" I asked her as I walked into her room and sat down. She came and sat next to me.
"I had the dream again" Laura said looking down.
"Really?" I asked. She nodded.
"But this time there was taunting," she told me. Taunting?
"Laura. Tell me what happened in the crash. Maybe if you let it out, you'll stop having the dream," I told her.
"Okay," she reluctantly sighed. I smiled and put my arm around her. No I don't like her. She's just my best friend. She needs comforting.
"In 6th grade," she started "Mom, Dad, Vanessa, and I were in the car. We were going home. But it was at night. Anyways, we were on the highway and it was snowing really hard and there was black ice on the ground. A car came hurtling at us because it slid on black ice and he was speeding. They were also drunk. The car hit the front side of our car. And it killed Mom and Dad. The last thing I heard my dad say was 'Laura' and my mom saying 'It will be okay,'
After she finished the story, she started sobbing. I hugged her. I never knew it was that bad. I felt like crying. I held on to her tight.
"Laura. When you go back to bed, think of good stuff. Don't even think of anything that reminds you of the crash," I advised her. She nodded.Then she looked up at me. She stopped crying but there was still tears staining her face. Such an innocent girl living in a hell of a life.
"Will you stay here until I fall asleep?" she asked me.
"Of course,"I said, smiling. Laura got in bed while I sat on the edge of the bed.
"Thank you for everything," she told me and she closed her eyes. I watched her fall into a deep sleep. She was smiling. I knew she was going to be okay. Her mother was right. Around 3 am, I left Laura's room. Once I got to my room, I fell asleep instantly. Man that was exhausting!

~Yay! Chapter 4 is finished! I'm glad 16 people read my fanfic. Last time I checked it was 3! Also, there is nothing going on between Calum and Laura. I just like their friendship. Much love, b💋