Chapter 3: Better Impressions

Laura's POV

After Math, Lit, and History, the day was done. Finally. I headed over to my dorm. I unlocked my room and turned on the lights. I smiled. I was happy to be "home". I put my bag down and turned on my laptop witch was on my desk. I put on some music and looked around my room. It need a little change. I decided to move my bed against the wall. Then I put up some lights. I had no homework so I sat on my bed, bored. Then I heard a knock on my door. I opened the door slowly, hoping it wasn't one of those girls. As I opened the door, I realized it was Ross!
"Oh hey Ross. What are you doing here?" I asked awkwardly.

"Uh, well I need some help with homework and I know that you are pretty smart, so I thought I should ask you," he answered. I blushed. Did he just compliment me?
"Oh- well, come in" I said. He walked in and looked around.
"Nice room, mine is boring," he told me.
"Thanks. Now what do you need help with?" I said, wanting to get this over quickly. I know the dorm advisor doesn't like the boys in the girls room. He sat down next to me and he pulled out a piece of paper.
"Science," Ross said. I nodded my head and had him sit on my bed with me as I pulled out my lap desk and set it on me. I talked and he listened. Wow thats a first. It kinda felt good to have some company.
"Thanks," Ross said after I helped him. He smiled at me.

When he smiled, I felt like I was going down a roller coaster. Wait what did I just think? Maybe its because teenagers rarely smile at me?"
Laura!" Ross said, waving a hand in front of me.
"Oh sorry!" I said, not knowing I was lost in thought. Then, he noticed my guitar.
"You know how to play?" Ross asked, picking up my guitar.
"Uh not exactly. I want to learn but I just keep forgetting," I told him.
"Do you want me to teach you?" he offered. I was shocked.
"Sure" I agreed. That was the only word I could say. We both stood there in silence
"Well I should get going," he said, finally. I nodded.
"Thanks for helping me. You know not a lot of people like to help me. My friends don't really care about school," Ross confessed. I was surprised that he was telling me all of this stuff. He opened the door and walked out, taking one last look at me. He smiled again. I smiled back.
When he left, I felt good. It was nice that finally, I had more than one friend.
------

That was the 3rd chapter! Okay bye. Much love, b💋