Chapter 1: New Beginings

Chapter 1

Laura's POV

I sat at the lunch table listening to my music and picking at my food. I was thinking why all of the girls ignored me. I don't get it.
"Hey!" a voice said. I jumped up in surprise.
"Oh my gosh. Oh uh hi!" I said, startled. The person was Ross. The last person I wanted to see. Why was he here?
"Oh uh hi Ross," I said.
"Sorry I scared you," he apologized. There was an awkward pause of silence. I shifted uncomfortably in my chair.
"It's fine. What do you need?" I asked him irritatedly. He sighed and ran his hand through his hair.
"I was wondering if I could eat lunch with you," Ross told me. I gaped in amazement. Ross Lynch, wants to sit down, have a conversation and eat lunch, with me? Just us?
"Oh uh sure" I replied, not really sure on what to say.
He sat down. I yanked my earbuds out. We sat there in silence. I didn't eat my food. I felt uncomfortable eating in front of him, so I just watched him eat. All of a sudden, Ross spoke up making me jump a little.
"Why do all of the girls hate you?" he asked. Now, I felt really uncomfortable. Why was he asking me these things?
"Uh. Um I don't know? Last year, they were my friends.Why?" I asked him suspiciously.
"I don't know. I just want to know the reason why you are hated. You didn't do anything to them. Don't let them get to you," Ross told me. Why was he being so nice to me?
I checked my phone. It was 12:30. Class starts in 10 minutes.
"Thank you, but I should get going," I said as I stood up.
"Oh, alright. Maybe I'll see you around," he said. I smiled a small smile and nodded my head. I walked out of the cafeteria with an empty feeling in my gut.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Ok that's my first chapter! Yay! Btw my instagram is @raura_auslly. Check it out!