Just some stupid dance pt.2

My meeting with Yoongi two days ago wouldn't get out of my head.

Was I really a dick? If I had kept the truth from him wouldn't it have been worse if he had found out later that I wasn't into him that way? I tossed and turned below my covers, my head pounding as I struggled to let sleep take me under murky waters. His face, the look of amusement as I told him my true feelings, why am I so bothered by it?

I let my shoulders relax into my mattress before sighing. I was making an ant out of a mole hill. The dance is a little over a week away and I know I need to get to know him more so it wouldn't be too awkward when the day came where I'd have to dance and socialize with him.

My eyes slipped closed and I came up with a plan to get to know mister nobody.

---

"This is a stupid idea."

"You're a stupid idea."

"That doesn't even make any sense." I stuck my tongue out and Namjoon just pushed his glasses up to the bridge of his nose, his sassy stare not swaying my plan.

"You do realize that you could just talk to him right? Slipping a paper in his locker is so cliche and he might not even see it. Plus saying that you should meet after school today is a little sudden isn't it? What if he has plans that can't be moved to a later date?" Namjoon listed off all of the holes in my perfect plan and I just smirked.

"You think too hard my dear friend. I believe that everything will work out in due time. Now scatter before he spots us just hanging around his locker." I slipped the note into the crevice before casually sprinting down the hall and into my first period with my accomplice.

We sat in our desks that were next to each other in the middle of the room, the bell ringing just as my butt hit the cold plastic of the chair with a thump.

A woman walked in and I raised a brow before turning to Namjoon.

"Before you ask who she is, I don't know her either." I slumped back into my seat before crossing my arms and glaring at him.

Such a sassy guy.

"Alright class settle down." The woman barked and the room grew uncomfortably quiet as we waited for further instruction from the wrinkled stranger.

"Your teacher couldn't make it today due to an illness that no doubt one of you germs gave her." I rolled my eyes.

"So I'll be your substitute. My one and only rule is absolutely no talking. Under any circumstances." I smirked before raising my hand and she narrowed her eyes before nodding.

"But miss, what if I'm dying?" Her face contorted into a creepy smile.

"Well then your last breath better be a quiet one."

What. The. Fuck.

---

I wasn't going to lie, I was so goddamn nervous.

The thought of seeing his face again after what I said to him in the restroom was anything but comforting and I wrapped my arms around myself to try and calm my silly nerves. I stood under the cherry tree in the courtyard, the petals falling with the gentle breeze that caressed my face as I waited, my anxiety growing with each silent minute. 

School had ended twenty minutes ago and I had written on the note to meet immediately after the last bell rang but not a soul could be seen as clouds grew darker overhead and the sound of thunder echoed around me.

Maybe Namjoon had been right. Maybe it was too sudden or he didn't even see the note. He could have also chosen to not show because of my rude ways in the bathroom and this was just a lost cause.