unspoken lyrics pt.2

.
Continued...
.

He couldn't help the undeniable feel to cringe. The host continued to ask questions that she knew were uncomfortable to answer.

"Have you ever dated anyone?"

"What do you do when you're alone?"

"Have you ever thought about going solo?"

If anything, Yoongi would think these questions were drafted by a crazed fan. The lady continued to ask the outrageous inquiries, barely pausing to take a breath. Bangtan answered them of course, but not without a few awkward pauses. Then came the most generic question of them all.

"V, If you were a girl, which member would you date?" Yoongi knew that answering that should be as easy as breathing by now.

"Hoseok."

There was no hesitation

"Could you give us some reasons?"

Why does Yoongi feel cheated?

"He's just a really great guy. He always has my back, is really tidy, and is one of the closest people in my life."

How could words be both so effortless to say and also feel like a punch in the chest?

"How about you Yoongi? Who would you choose?"

He could feel their eyes, the question hanging in the air. He thought He had an answer but now it just doesn't seem right.

"R-Rapmonster."

Why did he stutter?

"Care to give some examples why?"

His mouth is dry, yet he feels getting water is out of the question.

"He's a reliable friend and we've been through a lot together. It only seems like a logical choice." Yoongi doesn't understand why he added the last part.

"Jin what about you?"

She goes on to ask the others, but Yoongi doesn't listen. He instead focuses on his heartbeats.

Such a steady rhythm.

---

The darkness in his room only prolonged the feeling of sadness in Yoongi's mind. He never understood it, but sometimes he would feel the need to cut himself off from the world around him and just think.

This particular night, Taehyung invaded his thoughts. Yoongi couldn't shake the weird emotion brought on by Taehyung's answer to the nosy host the day of their interview. Maybe the reason was that Yoongi's answer was and always will be Taehyung. Maybe he thought Taehyung felt the same closeness he did. Whatever the case, Yoongi knew it was irrational.

But that still didn't stop his thoughts.

It's such a simple thing. He knows it holds no real meaning. Yet Yoongi tosses and turns, the dark autumn sky pushing through his window, and tries to come up with a scenario he's satisfied with.

Your thoughts can either make or break you.

---

"Yoongi hyung?" Taehyung's soft voice brought Yoongi out of a stuper.

He turns from the window he was gazing out of to see a flustered Taehyung, running his hands through his hair in such a way that lets Yoongi know he's nervous.

"What's up Tae?" For some reason his usual awkward casualness made him want to crawl in a hole and die.

"There are these...friends."