40. On The Edge

Previously...
"And I wouldn't... kick you out." Rachel laughs, and I laugh too.
"Good. Neither would I."
We lay back on the sofa, Rachel still in my arms, and I hold her close to me for as long as I can remember until I feel myself drifting off to sleep.

***

Friday
Rachel's POV
I wake up to a loud knock on the door. I open my eyes quickly, wondering why it sounds so loud, when I realise I'm on the sofa, which is right across from it with no wall. No wonder it woke me up. I look down at Finn who I'm laying on comfortably, and slowly pull my arm away from around his neck. The knock sounds again, and I slip away to answer it. As I open the door I'm greeted by Sam's smiling face.
"Hey Rachel." He greets me, but I quickly hold a finger to my lips and open the door wider so he can see where Finn is still asleep on the sofa. "Sorry." He whispers now. "It's 10 o'clock. We have Maths in two hours and me and Finn have football practice after."
"Maths?" I look at him confused. "I didn't know we had Maths today..."
"Yeah. You're coming right?"
I'm in the same Maths class as Finn and Sam. Me and Santana sit on a desk behind them. But Santana's not here; she comes back tomorrow. So I'll be sitting by myself. And everyone will look at me.
"Uh... I don't know."
"You can't hide from people Rachel. That'll just make them pay even more attention to you."
"I know. I'm just afraid of all the looks."
"Me and Finn are still near you. We'll look after you."
"Yeah. Thanks."
I hear a mumble from behind me and turn to see Finn sat up on the sofa rubbing his eyes.
"Sorry, did we wake you?" I ask him as he walks over to me slouching. He shakes his head and puts his arm around me sleepily.
"Hey man. We've got class in two hours. Just came to check you were coming."
"Yeah. We'll meet you down in the lobby." Finn smiles. "See you in two."
Sam nods and leaves, shutting the door quietly behind him. I turn to Finn and wrap my arm around his neck while he holds my waist.
"How do you still manage to look so beautiful when you've just woken up?" He asks me. I raise my eyebrows and laugh.
"Are you kidding? I've got one of the most puffiest morning faces ever."
"I think you're adorable." He smirks and pulls my close to him for a slow kiss. I kiss him back, of course, and it feels so good to be back with him being able to just have time to ourselves. Finn's hands slowly slide from my waist down to grab my bum and I pull away from the kiss.
"Hey, behave yourself." I tell him, even though I don't mind it.
He takes his hands away and holds them up in the air, a guilty half-smirk on his face. "I'm not doing anything. Where's your proof? Guilty until proven innocent, Rachel."
I laugh again. "You mean... innocent until proven guilty?"
"Uh, yeah." I roll my eyes and kiss Finn again. "Well, still. My hands are on my sides." Finn claps his hands down on his legs firmly by his side almost like a soldier and I shake my head.
"Silly. Anyway, I didn't say to take them off." I take one of his hands in mine and put it back on my bum and he smirks once more. He puts his other hand back too and we begin kissing again, but harder this time. He walks me backwards towards the kitchen counter and lifts me up, still holding onto my bum, to sit on it. We carry on kissing, me using my free arm to run my fingers through his hair while he slides his up my shirt stroking my waist. Finn moves his lips from mine and places them on my neck, and I hear a small moan escape my own.
"Finn..." I whisper and he looks up, a sexy sleepy look in his eyes.
"What baby?"
"We don't have time to mess around." I bite my lip, not wanting myself to say the words to make this moment stop, but I know that I need to otherwise we'll both be in trouble.
"Do you really want me to stop?" Finn asks, almost reading my mind. I shake my head and he continues to kiss my neck, but I gently tug him away.
"I don't want to. But we have to." I raise my eyebrows and Finn pouts and sighs. "Come on, we can have fun later."
This makes Finn smirk, and he nods and I slip myself down from the counter to stand back on the floor again. We kiss slowly one last time before walking off to get ready around different parts of the dorm room. I go into the bathroom to do my makeup first, and Finn goes into the bedroom to get dressed.
As I walk in, just looking at the toilet makes my morning sickness trigger and I quickly lean over to throw up. I hate this — feeling the urge to throw up when I go in the bathroom for the first time every day. But I guess it's better than it happpening in class.