5. Just Friends

Previously...
"Should I just call you my friend?"
I smile a little, although I can feel some type of disappointment in my stomach. "Yeah, that would probably be easier. I mean, until we are ready to get more... 'serious'."
"Okay, well I guess that's sorted then, hah." He laughs a little, but I can sense that he's feeling a bit weird about calling me a 'friend' too. But I guess there's no other word for it right now. I'm not his girlfriend. I mean, yet. It depends how things go I guess.
But for now, I guess it's just like a little secret.

***

Rachel's POV
It's the next morning again, and I'm excited to start the day. I get up out of bed at my usual time of 9:00AM and put on my fluffy pink slippers and walk out of my room. I decide that maybe I should wake Finn up too, since I hadn't heard his alarm go off and he usually sets it for 9:00 I think.
I open the curtain to his room and sure enough he's still fast asleep. I decide to climb on top of him on his back, causing him to stir awake a little.

"Good morning." I say. He smirks a little and turns over, moving me off of his back to lay beside him instead. He begins to open his eyes and laughs. "Crap, I forgot to set an alarm again I guess."
"Yeah, I think you did."
"Well, I guess I don't need one anyway if I get to wake up to this." We both smile.
"Do you want breakfast?" I ask. He leans over and gives me a small kiss.
"Yes please, Rach." Rach. I could get used to him calling me that.

Finn's POV
I walk through to the kitchen to find Rachel making scrambled eggs for the both of us. She sees me and smiles. "Hey, eggs are almost ready." I sit down at the table and wait patiently, although it doesn't take long before we're both eating together.
"This is really good, Rachel."
She laughs. "Thank you. I try my best."
"Well it's good enough for me."

*

Time passes and me and Rachel are now snuggled up on the sofa watching Murder, She Wrote. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and check it to see that it's Puck.

Hey dude, u spoke 2 that girl yet? Me and sam r heading out in the city to get some food. U can come with her if u want. -Puck

I turn to Rach who's carefully watching the TV for all the hints to the murder. "Hey, my friends Puck and Sam are heading into the city. You want to go with them together?"
She looks up at me and smiles. "Yeah sure, the show is almost over anyways."
I then proceed to text Puck back.

Yeah, we'll come. Meet you in the lobby. -Finn

*

Rachel's POV
Me and Finn are in the elevator on our way down to the lobby now, and he's got his arm around my waist. "I think my friends are excited to meet you." He laughs.
"They should be," I agree smiling up at him. "I'm pretty amazing."
"I won't argue with that." He smiles and leans in to kiss me. I kiss him back, naturally. But then he starts running his fingers through my hair again, and I'm totally lost. I pull a little on his shirt to make him come closer, and it's getting a bit heated.

Ding!

Of course, the elevator reaches the ground floor and I have to quickly sort myself out before stepping out into the lobby. Finn has this sort of effect on me, I can't really explain it. But it's amazing.

We walk into the lobby, holding hands, and I can't help but smile. But then I hear a voice.
"Hey, Finn! Dude!" And before I know it, Finn has just let go of my hand and walked off to his friend, and suddenly I don't feel so special anymore.