9. The First Date (Part 1)

Previously...
"Did you mean what you said earlier? That you love me?"
He smiles at me and brushes my hair behind my ear. "Yes, Rach." He kisses me. "I love you." I feel myself fill up with joy at his words and I kiss him back and hug him tightly. I feel so happy I could almost cry. "I love you too."
And we just stay there, holding each other close in Finn's bed until we fall asleep.

***

Finn's POV
I wake up in the morning to find that me and Rachel are still snuggled up close and we've barely moved all night. I still can't believe everything that happened yesterday, it's like one massive whirlwind. One minute we were fighting, and the next we were making love. I smile to myself as I think about last night and how perfect it was. I'm so glad that I made her first time as special as I could for her, and I'm glad we both finally got our feelings out. I snuggle Rachel in closer, and she smiles and lets out a small giggle in her sleep which is the cutest thing ever.
Honestly, I really wasn't expecting last night to happen. My plan was to sit down with her and talk about my feelings, but I think I like the real version better for.. obvious reasons.
I feel Rachel move around a little, stirring from her sleep and she slowly opens her eyes and looks at me. "Good morning beautiful," I say to her. "Did you sleep good?" She smiles and nods slowly, stretching out her legs, still not fully awake. She sighs and rests her head back against my chest. "Mmwhat time is it?" She asks sleepily. I look over at my clock and see that it's 10:30. It's Saturday though, so we don't have to worry about class until Monday.
"It's 10:30" I tell her.
"Okay, thank you." She kisses my cheek softly and yawns, making me yawn too and we both laugh. She lifts up her head and moves to lay on top of me, her legs separated by mine and her head held up by her hands with her elbows on either side of my face smiling down at me. "What do you wanna do now then?" She kisses me and I kiss her back slightly harder, making her giggle and bite her lip.
"Whatever you want, babe." She smiles at me calling her babe and then her expression changes.
"What's going to happen between us now?" She asks, looking slightly worried. "I mean, what are we exactly? Friends, friends with benefits, what?"
I smile as I know the answer she wants is neither of those. "Well, how do you like the term girlfriend?" I see her face light up as I say the words and she smiles so big it could light up the whole room.
"Oh my god, really?!" She says excitedly. I nod and she looks so happy and hugs me tightly. I hug her back sharing her excitement and I feel so lucky to be holding her I could even cry.

Rachel's POV
It's really happening. We're really going to be together, like a real couple. It feels like everything I could possibly want I've suddenly got. I hug Finn tighter and he laughs. "Woah, okay girl, you don't want to kill me before we've made it official do you?"
I giggle. "I thought we did that last night." He does his sexy little half-smile and winks at me making me giggle even more. "What should we do today then, since we haven't got any classes?"
"Well, as much as I'd love to stay in bed with you all day, I already promised Sam I'd go hang out with him before I knew this would happen." I feel a bit disappointed that I can't spend my Saturday with Finn, but I understand, since neither of us knew this would happen like Finn said.
"Thats fine, babe!" I smile at him.
"Really? You're not pissed?"
"No, just go out and have some fun with Sam. I'll see Santana or something." Finn nods and we kiss again. I giggle and he smiles at me.
"I'm not going out until later though, so we can still stay in bed for a while." I smile and snuggle back into his arms as he holds me close. I can hear his heart beating against my ear on his chest, and listening to it makes me feel relaxed. Finn starts playing with my hair, gently brushing his fingers through it, and I snuggle closer into him and drift off back to sleep.

Finn's POV
I look down at Rachel as I'm playing with her hair and notice she's fallen asleep. I smile to myself as I admire how perfect she looks while she sleeps. What have I done to deserve a girl as amazing as Rachel? I mean, I flunked basically half of my Senior year at high school and I haven't really done anything to change the world, so how have I been given the chance to have her? I kiss her forehead gently and she wraps her arms around me tighter. She's so adorable, I want to stay in bed with her like this all day. I start thinking, and I come to the conclusion that I'll cancel my plans with Sam. He'll understand, he's Sam. I reach over and grab my phone from the small table next to my bed, being careful so I don't wake Rach. I dial Sam's number.
"Hey dude, what's up?" Sam speaks into the phone.
"Hey," I whisper.
"Why are you whispering?"
"Because Rachel is asleep." I can almost sense Sam smiling through the phone.
"What, like, next to you? Wow dude, congrats." I laugh quietly.
"Thanks. But anyway, I know it's short notice but can we cancel our plans for today? I want to treat Rachel to something nice."
"Sure dude, that's fine. Let me know how it goes, yeah?" This is why Sam is one of my best friends, he's so cool and understanding.
"Yeah, thanks man, see ya."
"See ya, and congrats."
Great, now me and Rachel have the whole day to ourselves. And I know just what I'm going to do for her.