32. Moving Up

Previously...
"Look at me." He pulls away and holds my head in his hands and kisses my forehead. "We're going to get through this. I'm not leaving your side and I'm here through it all, okay?" I nod and force myself to smile. "Come here." Finn holds me in his arms once more and I just continue to let myself go.

***

*1 week later - Tuesday*
Finn's POV
It's been another week and Rachel is still in the hospital. It feels like she's been here forever; I just want her to come back home so I can bring her whatever she needs while she sits up in bed in one of my shirts. Each night when I go back to the dorm I feel guilty that I get to sleep in my own bed while she's left here alone. I mean, yeah of course she has the doctors whenever she needs them, but I hate sleeping in our bed alone while Rachel is at the hospital and I just leave her here. I've missed a ton of my classes because I've been visiting her so much. Mr Schuester has been really understanding about me missing Spanish lessons, but other teachers have complained more. All of them know what happened with Natasha and Rachel, but some of them seem to act like I shouldn't be visiting her at all and I should just go to class like everything is completely fine. Luckily, there hasn't been any football practice lately because our coach had the flu, but I'm hoping Rach will be home in time for when they start again so I don't risk getting kicked off the team, since I am the quarterback and it's a big responsibility.

The doctor has been talking to me and Rachel about her starting physiotherapy. Her left arm still isn't out of the cast, but the doctor mentioned a couple of days ago that I can be there to support her like her other arm for balance. Rach's legs have been better: she's been wiggling her toes in bed and swinging her legs around to the side when I help her change into pyjamas before I leave or she needs to use the toilet, in which case I usually carry her or get the wheelchair.
Ever since she called her dads about the crash and her pregnancy, she hasn't mentioned anything about it. I was the one who told Santana the day after it happened, because Rachel was really quiet and she didn't know why. She hasn't called them at all, and they haven't called her. It's like Rachel's been completely cut off. I was going to call up LeRoy who seemed to be the more understanding dad about the pregnancy, but I decided against it. It would probably just make things worse and I don't want to cause any stress for Rach.
My mom and Burt are trying to get train tickets soon to come up and see us, along with Kurt too which will hopefully cheer Rachel up. But with Burt's work and everything it's been hard for them to get good train times that fit in. Kurt has called Rachel on her phone a couple of times, but that was before she spoke to her dads. She still talks to me when I visit her every day, but it's easy to tell that her conversation with them is still in her mind.

I haven't visited Natasha myself yet, but Puck has been seeing her and occasionally coming to see me and Rachel and updating us. Natasha has a broken leg, but that's it apart from bruises around her ribs which should just heal up regularly. It's surprising considering she was the one directly in front of the car, although I guess Rachel did hit the car, then the wall and also the floor. Her leg should be healed up in 2 more or so weeks, so I'm guessing she'll be discharged soon on crutches. Sam has been visiting Rachel too, but neither him or Puck have seen her that much, but obviously Puck has been more worried about Natasha. Santana comes every 2 or 3 days for girl talk, which I think helps Rachel a lot since usually it's just me, and I can't exactly tell her about some guy who came up to me in class and offered to take me for a coffee or that I found a really pretty nail colour in Superdrug and I bought it. But Santana has been so great, to Rachel and also to me. She's been asking me how I'm doing as well, which is nice because I'm so busy worrying about Rachel that I don't really focus on myself and how I'm doing. I guess I'm okay. This baby thing is still freaking me out a little, but I just want Rachel and him or her to come back to the dorm safely so I can take care of them both by myself without worrying about more tests.