Chapter Twenty-Five

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

~ SAMANTHA ~

I stood near the end of the bed as Olivia left the room, closing the door behind her. I bit my lip as the door clicked shut, sitting down on the edge of the bed.

This...is something else.

It's been so long since I've seen my sister or any of my family for that matter.

When Olivia and I were young our life was hard. Our parents were hard on us after we both turned around seven or eight. I couldn't take it for very long. Eventually...after one really bad night of our parents arguing...our father came into our room and beat me.

He was drunk and angry and I remember Olivia yelling at him to leave me alone, to hit her instead...

Even though she was younger than me by minutes she was always the one trying to protect me. She's always been the stronger of the two of us.

I laid back on the bed, my arms resting on my stomach as I stared at the blank ceiling.

After that beating, I couldn't handle it anymore. The next night I packed some clothes in my backpack, said goodbye to Olivia, and snuck out while our parents were asleep.

I wandered around town until I eventually found myself at Joe's, exhausted and starving. He found me like that and brought me to his trailer. He asked me what I was doing and where Olivia was.

I told him about the beatings and about how I couldn't do it anymore so...I ran away.

Joe, being the type of guy that he was, allowed me to stay with him.

I got into the junking business with him and he took care of me.

After he passed away, he gave the business to me since he had no family of his own.

And that's where I stayed, where I've always stayed until...today.

Olivia...she actually did it. She got out by herself. After...after I abandoned her, she got out and she has a family, a mate, a precious kid. She did it.

I thought back to when she entered my trailer, how angry she was at me before she started crying. Her anger was justified. I completely abandoned my twin.

I bit my lip and sighed, getting off the bed. I opened my suitcase, pulled out some clean pajamas, and threw them on the bed before heading to take a shower.

The bathroom was stocked with all the things I would need; toiletries, a towel, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, razors and shaving cream, and even a loofah. I smiled at the loofah, not seeing one of these things in years.

I hopped in the shower, the warm water feeling phenomenal as I washed my hair with some nice strawberry-smelling shampoo. I even used the loofah to wash my body.

It was nice to have some feminine-smelling body products after years of having to use the stuff that Joe had available. Joe didn't like to spend money on unnecessary things like perfume or super-smelly type things like that. So most of the time I just settled on his Suave shampoo and an Irish Hills bar of soap.

I got out of the shower, drying my hair before wrapping the towel around my body. I pulled the hairbrush through my hair slowly, my hair in tangled knots from the lack of cleaning it.

It took me at least fifteen minutes to get the brush through my hair and I frowned, looking at my reflection.

My hair was still pretty wavy, the same sort of texture as Olivia's. Instead of having the side bangs that she has, I had bangs that cut across my forehead, sitting just above my eyes.