Chapter Three

CHAPTER THREE

~ DAKOTA ~

I shoved my hands into my pockets as I walked out of the building. Today was honestly a shit day. I had to deal with Amber much more than I wanted to, got a shit grade on a test so I'll probably hear about that when I get home, and it's just been an all-around bad day.

I began to walk to my car, not wanting to run into Amber or get involved in any sort of drama.

I glanced to my left and saw a large crowd gathered around something going on. There were yelling and laughter. I stopped in my tracks, knowing that if I went over there I'd have to break up whatever it was.

I looked up at the sky and sighed before turning towards the crowd. As I began my walk towards the crowd I could hear Amber's annoying laugh and had half a mind to turn back around and head to my car before she saw me.

I didn't though and kept walking, knowing that if Amber was involved then it probably wouldn't be good.

Once I reached the crowd, I began to push my way through, saying excuse me to people who stood in my way. As people began to realize that I was trying to get through, they began to quiet down and part like the Red Sea.

I smirked to myself, feeling a bit better. This was one of the things I liked about being who I am. The fear and respect people showed me just because my father is the Alpha of the biggest pack in town. It was interesting to see how people reacted to me.

As I made my way through, I took a deep breath to try and figure out who was at the center before getting there. I recognized Amber's scent by the strong ass perfume. Besides her, I could smell a couple of my friends, including my best friend, Jake, and an unfamiliar vanilla scent.

I entered the circle and the group turned towards me. I looked around and saw Olivia Clark sitting on the ground. The vanilla scent hit me hard, as well as fear. I glanced at Olivia and she looked at me, her eyes wide and on the brink of tears.

Anger entered my body and my hands balled into fists. I approached Amber.

"What the hell are you doing? Can't you just leave people alone?"

She opened her mouth to say something and I shook my head.

"What is going on here?"

She stayed silent this time and I took a step back.

"I won't ask again, what the hell is going on here?" I growled, loud enough for everyone around us to hear.

Amber flinched at my growl and a couple of other people in the crowd stepped away. Olivia was now looking down at the ground, probably from my anger.

"Well...I was just trying to do this town a service. I was just trying to send this freak a message. Maybe she'll finally leave. Or kill herself," Amber said, a laugh echoing at the end.

Other people laughed at her words and I growled at her and she immediately stopped laughing.

"You think that's funny, do you? What is wrong with you? With all of you?!" I growled in their heads.

There was silence from them and I shook my head.

"I'm going to count to three and everyone better be far away from here or else you're going to have to deal with me. One..."

I didn't get to two. Before I could finish my count, everyone ran. A couple of people yelled and screamed to get away, afraid of what I might do if they were left here. I was fuming. I don't know why. Maybe it was just the stress of the day weighing on me. Or maybe it was the fact that I was tired of dealing with Amber bullying everyone.