Chapter Twenty

CHAPTER TWENTY

I sighed, brushing my hair into a ponytail.

It's now Wednesday. This week has been really busy since my parents arrived last week. We've been training nonstop, on top of going to school.

The four of us would wake up at the crack of dawn and train with Alpha Fisher until around six when we would all get ready for school. We'd go to school, come home, do homework and dinner before going back into the backyard to train more. While we've been at school Alpha Fisher has been working with James, Jake's dad, and a few of the elders to put together a plan for dealing with my parents.

My parents have since contacted Alpha Fisher, officially declaring war against the pack to try and scare me. They announced that they would be here in like...two weeks with an army. It put a lot of pressure on all of us in such a short amount of time.

It all hasn't been that bad though.

Yesterday, Dakota and I got some time to go shopping for Michael's birthday today. I've also had some free time to paint. I've turned one of the spare bedrooms into a mini art museum with all of my artwork I've made the past couple of days.

That's where I am now, painting. It was a painting of Dakota and Michael, my favorite people to paint.

The door opened behind me and I glanced back to see Jake walk in, shutting the door a bit.

"Hey Olivia, is it okay if I sit in here for a bit?"

I nodded, focusing on my painting.

Jake has been by my side pretty much since I told him about my twin. I'm not sure if he's hoping that I'll hear from her or if something will happen, but he hasn't really bothered me much.

Dakota wasn't a fan of it at first, really annoyed about it, but I told him it was okay.

"Hey, Olivia what um...what are we going to do?" Jake whispered.

My brows furrowed.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean about this war. I know it's freaking you out inside."

I was silent, my hand frozen in the air from Jake's words. My hand fell to my lap and I sat there, staring at my painting.

I didn't want to think about the war. I didn't want to think about any of it because it was too terrifying to think about.

The truth is...if I can't figure out my powers then we're going to be screwed against my mother. We'll get killed out there. And the thought of that...hurts more than just giving myself up to go back with them."

Suddenly my easel got knocked over, pulling me from my thoughts. My hands were balled into fists and my painting things were floating in the air around me. Some of the furniture began to shake and my vision went dark, black and white spots being all I could see.

"Holy shit," Jake whispered.

"Olivia? Is everything - whoa."

Tears began falling down my face and a hand grabbed my arm, turning me around.

"What happened Jake?" Dakota asked, standing in front of me.

"N-Nothing! I asked her what we were going to do about the war and stuff and she went silent. Then her paints and the furniture all started shaking before they just started floating!"

Dakota reached forward, putting his hand on my cheek. The mating bond strengthened when he touched me and my brain cleared as I looked at him. My eyesight cleared and a bunch of things made thudding sounds around us.