Chapter Seventeen

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

I woke up, the bed feeling larger and colder than usual. I rubbed my eyes, looking around the room, finding it empty.

Where...is Dakota?

I frowned, getting myself out of bed. I jumped in the shower, taking a quick one, before jumping out and searching through my clothes. I went to grab a pair of shorts, the first time feeling comfortable enough to wear some when I remembered I was supposed to start training today.

I chewed on my lip, grabbing a pair of capris exercise leggings and one of Dakota's tank tops.

I towel dried my hair before braiding it so it was out of my face.

I stopped in front of the mirror and looked at my reflection, not recognizing the girl who stared back.

I took a deep breath, a bad feeling settling into the pit of my stomach before I left the bedroom.

I headed downstairs and found Mrs. Fisher in the kitchen with Michael. Mrs. Fisher smiled at me, handing me a plate with some toast on it. I smiled, taking it from her and walking over to Michael, eating next to him.

"Good morning Olivia. The boys have been up for a while training already. They're all out back. Sarah's with them too. Dakota thought it best to let you rest after yesterday."

I nodded, feeling bad since they've all been up and training while I was just sleeping. I finished my toast and drank half of the glass of orange juice Mrs. Fisher handed me before I took care of my dishes. Mrs. Fisher watched me for a moment before stopping me.

"Why don't I finish these dishes and you head out there?"

"Are you sure?" I whispered.

She nodded and I took a deep breath before nodding. I left the kitchen and headed for the backyard, stopping at the back door. Standing in the backyard were Alpha Fisher and Sarah, watching Dakota and Jake as they sparred. I watched Dakota and Jake as they fought each other, the way they moved around one another.

Jake was taller and bigger than Dakota, looking like a powerhouse as he jabbed towards Dakota. Dakota, being a bit smaller, had the advantage of speed and agility.

He looked...beautiful out there.

No, he's sexy.

I felt myself blush as I watched them fighting. I swallowed and opened the door, heading outside. I approached Alpha Fisher and Sarah.

"Look who's awake!" Sarah announced.

Alpha Fisher turned to me.

"Olivia! Good morning. How are you feeling? Up for some training today?"

I nodded, watching Dakota and Jake. My arrival distracted Dakota, who stopped fighting to look at me. I blushed as he looked me up and down, a grin taking over his face.

A fist came flying through, hitting Dakota straight in the face, causing us three on the sidelines to grimace.

"Damn, that had to have hurt," Sarah said.

I stared at Dakota with wide eyes, worried and he turned to look at Jake.

"Damn dude that was an unfair hit."

Jake chuckled.

"No it wasn't, we're still in the middle of our match."

They both looked back at Alpha Fisher who chuckled.

"Jake's right Dakota. If this were a real fight, your enemy would not have hesitated to strike at you when you were distracted."

I frowned, feeling bad for distracting Dakota and he walked away from Jake towards me. I looked at him and he lifted my face. He pressed his lips to mine for a moment.