Chapter 20:

I do not own Hetalia, because Hidekaz Himaruya does!

_____________________________________________________________________________

 Re-cap: 'Wollowing in the past and then just forgetting everything that people have done to you?' it sounded like... His voice. But darker. More evil. Arthur had a bad feeling about this..

 ____________________________________________________________________________

"What do you mean? Who are you?" Arthur asked, worried.

 'Everything that everyone has done to you... You just forget it, like they never stabbed you in the back. Like they never hurt you in ways that they could never possibly imagine.'

"W-what do you mean? Everything that everyone has done to me? But they haven't done anything."

'You poor thing... You couldn't have forgotten so soon?'

"Forgotten what? What have I forgotten?" Arthur began looking around, searching for the voice's owner .

'You won't find me.'

"And why the bloody Hell not?"

'That's beside the point, Arthur. You're looking at the small details- you need to look at the big picture. See, that's your problem. It's why you're always pushed over and stepped on.'

"Wh... What? I don't have a bloody problem!"

'Yes, you do. And your problem is that you're too nice.'

Arthur's head filled with images from him being evil. He chuckled bitterly. "I'm not quite sure that I'd call myself too nice for my own good."

'No, you're not the nicest when you look at the details. But look at the big picture, Arthur.'

"The big picture?"

'You've forgotten more than you seem to think. Just because you have your memories back doesn't mean that you can see clearly. And I'm here to help you do just that.'

"That's a villain's line."

Suddenly, banging was heard on the door. "Arthur?" Alfred called loudly. "Who're ya talking to?"

Arthur's head was then stuffed full of images from the Revolution. He didn't want them- he tried dispersing them, but they wouldn't go away! The love at the begining, the anger in the middle, the heart-break in the end. The heart-breaking scenes were the longest by far, shoving the emotions he felt long ago into his face and forcing it down his throat. Arthur tried to tell the voice to stop it. "Quit it!" he whispered. "I don't need that right now!"

'He left you. You cared for him, supported him, helped him, and he left you lying in the cold mud. He's a back-stabber. Then he goes over to your house and acts like it never happened. You two are closer than ever. But it's fake, and you know it. He treats you like you're stupid. He says that he's the hero and you're his back-up. He doesn't trust you and your abilities.'

"Arthur?" America called, louder this time.

"A... Backstabber?" he whispered. A glaze seemed to fall over his eyes.

'Yes. You shouldn't trust him... You'll just end up getting hurt.'

"And... What about the others?" he murmured softly.

'All against you. If they were truly there for you until the end, they would have been your shoulder to cry on already.'

"W-what about France?"