XXV

Warning: Minor sexual stuff in chapter [fluff]. If you're not comfortable with that, don't read it. I just left. I said good-bye to Mira and left.

No one else I really cared to say good-bye to.

I only took a horse and a bag of food for the trip. I knew I'd have to cross through the Sacred Forest, but if I kept my head down, I would probably be noticed by Hyria as another lost passerby.

My stomach growling, I russell through the food Mira packed for me--including the waffles from the tavern.

"Yuck," I mutter aloud, pulling out a rotting peach. "How could a peach rot this quickly?"

I feed it to the horse, whom I named Rokudou (A/n: free imaginary money to the person who can guess what manga Rokudou is from! Hint: DEFINITELY not a mainstream one. I'll put the answer in the author's note at the end of this chapter.) and he eats it without thinking.

I pat Rokudou on the side of the neck and heave a sigh, pulling out the crumpled scroll, which contains a map to Phoenix Drop on the back. Unfortunately, the map-makers drew a water route--and since I can navigate through the forest, it's just about useless.
««»»
The sun's beginning to set down above the horizon. Poor Rokudou has been traveling since the early afternoon, so I lasso him up to a tree and sit down against it, my back resting on the trunk.

"Jasper..." I murmur. "Where are you? Tu'la?"

I break open the sack of food and munch on the last of my waffles. I feed Rokudou a rotten peach. He neighs.

"This sucks." I roll over on my side, feeling the uneven earth beneath my body. I'd love to travel through the night and arrive at the village by morning, but I don't want to tire out Rokudou.

Suddenly, I feel a familiar lavender light seeping through my armor.

Did...

did Jasper's communication amulet find its way into my bag?

I answer the call without bothering to think about that, desperate to see if he's alright.

"Jasper!" I say.

"Cassie?" I hear his muffled voice on the other end. "I-is that you?"

"Yeah." I bite my lip. "I'm right here."

I hear a sigh of relief. "O-okay. I thought Ivy'd gotten to you. I don't want you getting hurt."

"How are you?"

"We got to take our own private ships," Jasper says, "so I'm not on the same deck as a bunch of kids who want to see me dead."

I give a forced laugh. "I'm glad." Rokukou neighs, suddenly. "I-I have to go!" I say, seeing the silhouette of a man appearing behind the fire.

"Cassie! Are you okay?!"

"Fine," I whisper, closing the amulet in my palm, silencing the call.

I stand up, my bow loaded and in my hand. "Who are you?" I ask, trying to sound strong.

The man's face glows, revealing his features. He looks to be Jasper's age, with dark tan skin and brown hair. He has unnerving red eyes.

"No one in particular," he says with a sly edge to his voice.

I clutch my bow tighter. "I won't ask again. I am a member of the elite Jury of Nine. Who are you?" I let the words wisp off my tongue in a powerful manner.

The man sighs. "My name is Zenix."

"Last name?"

"Well now," Zenix says. "If I told you that, the mystery element would be lost. What about you?"

"I am Cassie the Angel Arrow of the Jury of Nine."

Zenix scowls. "Filthy puppet." He draws a bloodred sword. "You must be so uptight. But I can teach you how to have fun~."

Shadow Knight. The words fly through my brain a rapid-fire speed. The same kind of person who made Chad go crazy.

I fire an arrow, hoping to not have to involve myself in the affair of a Shadow Knight. It hits the mark, but Zenix doesn't seem fazed at all.

"Like I said," he begins, pulling the arrow put of his flesh. "you Jurors are no fun." He whacks my bow out of my hand and smirks.

"G-get back!" My brain is dead. I can't think of any spells that will kill an immortal being. Before I understand what's happening, Zenix jumps on me, pinning me to the ground.

"I'll teach you how to have fun." The words cascade out of his mouth followed by a maniacal grin. He tears the outer layer of my armor off, pinning my wrists above my head.

He leans in and licks my cheek.

Oh my Irene. Someone.

Please

help

me.

Zenix plays with my bra strap. "Well, I'm here," he grins. "Might as well."

He begins to pull my bra strap down, and that's when I scream. An ear-piercing, high-pitched scream.

"Oh, shut up." Zenix puts a hand over my mouth. Good. I stopped him from removing my bra. He only has two hands.

"I'm going to remove me hand. If you scream, I'll kill you."

I don't care. I'd rather die than lose my virginity to a pervy Shadow Knight.

Zenix removes his hand.

I scream as loud as I can.

His face turns red with rage. "Why YOU LITTLE--" Zenix grabs his sword and raises it above his head. I shut my eyes, bracing for a stab.

It's just a little pain. Then all done.

Suddenly, I hear the clang of metal-on-metal and see a familiar blonde-haired guard.

Matthew!

"Go! Get out of here, Cassie! Go now!"

"Matthew!"

Matthew turns, his blonde hair flying out of his face in rage. I've never once seen a man so angry. "I said GO!"

Ayy back at it again with the cliffhangers!

For those of you who care, Rokudou is from the manga Aphorism, a gory manga about a survival school. I've been working on an anime/manga/otaku recommendation book, so I'll have the first chapter published for those looking for a new anime to start or new manga to read!

Last thing, I've been thinking about writing a Fairy Tail AU, where it's the same, except Fiore is a city, and Fairy Tail is a mafia. Meh, I'll see if I like where it goes.

Sorry for semi-suggestive material in this chapter! The whole 'rape/sexual abuse' thing is a real problem though. I was inspired by the anime Kaichou wa Maid-sama! when Usui is trying to teach Misaki that even though she is tsundere-tough, she's still a girl and she's still vulnerable. Also, this will be most likely the only sexual-suggestion chapter in here, just saying.

Sorry for long A/N!

xxx,
vylad