Meet Lily

Sunlight filtered into my room through the grey wool curtains. Downstairs, my mother was calling for me to have breakfast. I grumbled, "Why can't school start at a reasonable time?" and rolled out of my bed.

"Come down honey! Its your first day at the Academy!" Cheery as ever, my mother beckoned me with her bell-like voice. Always one to be sunshine and rainbows, I silently thanked her for caring for me and followed that with a prayer for her silence- even five minutes would help.

Pausing in front of a small mirror beside my night stand, I sigh. Bed head, tired eyes- I didn't get nearly enough sleep last night. I talk to myself a lot- call me insane, I don't care. "Yeah, I know that Mom. I've only been waiting for this day since i was accepted." I remember being soo tired after the exam. It wasn't a sit down test. We had to show our skills in Potions, Parkour, Hand to Hand Combat, Archery, Sword Fighting, Animal Care, Harvesting, and History of Minecraftia. I passed in all but was best at the electives and History. I got accepted to the best school in Minecraftia, so why was I dreading leaving bed? It felt as though something really bad was going to happen--

THUD!

"OW OW OW OW" I said, limping around. I fell down the stairs, having gone into autopilot when lost in thought. Go figure. I do that a lot- in middle school, other children called me things like, "Cloud girl," and, "Zombie brain!" Tay looked at me from the top of the stairs quizzically, but knew better than to ask if I was okay. Usually I'd chase her off with a noogie and a big hug- which she hates. Shrugging off the pain, I went to the table, grabbed my lunch and bag and ran out the door. A new vigor ran through me at the prospect of beginning academy life.

"MOM! I'm taking Sherlock with me ok?!" I don't know why but that's what I named my horse. With black mane and hair and the attitude of a snobby, yet faithful and gentle beast, I was reminded of that fictitious character.

"Sure honey but be sure to give him an apple ok?"

"Sure Mom!"

As soon as Sherlock saw me with saddle in hand, he pranced against his lead. I rode him hard yesterday up to a mountain some biomes over. Faithful as ever, he carried me all the way and back. I rolled my eyes and brought out a shining red apple from behind my back. Immediately, the whinnying stopped and Sherlock stood still. I strapped on the saddle as he munched and mounted, untying the lead from the post.

I rode down the streets of Minecraftia to the Minecraft Academy for the Acomplished Adventurer. MAAA, as I was told on the tour. The school mascot is a wooly cow. The motto, "Rather be one than see one." Ahead, the campus main building flashed gold as morning sun shone on it's yellow-orange stained glass. Trees lined a courtyard and stables flanked that with grazing areas for the students' horses.

Having known my horse for many years, I dismounted and gestured to a stall with hay and grass in the shade of a large oak tree. He tossed his head in agreement and I dropped the lead. Sherlock pranced off, leaving me without a worry that he'd run off.

Shouldering my school bag, I make it halfway to the doors before the world turns upside down. I reach out for some reassurance of stability with no avail. Laying on the concrete, I black out.