We walk to the back of the house to meet my sisters.

"Nathalie ma Cherie koman'w ye" (Nathalie my dear how are you) my sister Juliette.

"mwen bien wi e ou menm" (I'm good and you)

"ah pitit mwen la" (ah child I'm here)

"Nat koman'w ye sa fe lontan depi nou pa we" (Nat how are you it's been a while since we haven't see each other)

"I'm good you know working hard you know how it is"

"yes girl I know that's right!"

we sat down to talk about our jobs and the kids, my sister's start talking about their spouses which they do every time we get together that's why Nathalie hate being around them because they always talk like Nathalie and I are not as good as they are because we choose not to get cuffed by nobody.

"Nathalie so when are we going to meet your boyfriend?" Carline ask.

"what boyfriend you talking about you guys know I don't believe in such things" Nathalie answer.

"AhAhaaahhhh! Girl you a mess what you don't believe in?" I ask her.

"you know the same thing you don't believe in, them lying ass niggas out here calling you bae when they know them well they running after everything with a pussy"

"girl watch your mouth the kids are here"

"no girl my case is different from yours I just don't need a man my life is perfectly fine the way it is right now" I say.

"my point exactly no place in our lives for men"

"but Nathalie your case we can understand you are only 25 years with no kids Juna is almost 30 and she has a son to think about and she need a man in this house" Carline said.

The minute those words came out of her mouth I wanted to slap her and make he take it back.

"Excuse me I'm doing fine the way I am and what makes you think that I can't raise my son on my own and you know damn well his father is a part of his life"

"but what about you" Juliette says.

"what about me Juliette" I responded.

"you need someone to love you"

"Jesus Juliette I don't need no man to love me, you guys force me into being in a relationship with a man that didn't love me or my son for two years and look where it took me that man hit me every day abused me physically, verbally and emotionally he damn near killed me. Thank God my son was never around him alone only God knows what he would have done to my baby!"

"but Juna not every man is going to treat you the same way" Carline opens up her big mouth and say.

"listen let this be the last time I'm telling you this I DON'T NEED A MAN!" I say to them while walking inside my house. I wanted to tell them Giet manman yo (fuck ya moms) but remember we had the same mom.

Who the fuck they think they are to come to my damn house that I work hard to pay the mortgage of and tell me I need a man to love me!

They walk in the kitchen a few minutes later to tell me it was getting late they are going home. I didn't even bother to look at them I just said bye to my nieces and nephew and lock my door.

"girl now you see why I don't be around them"

"I really don't blame you"

"Jordan baby go take a shower you're all dirty"

"ok mom"

"I'm going to warm up some of the legumes and rice that I have in the fridge for you ok" I shout after him.

" thanks" he shouts back.

"oh pitit ou gen legumes epi ou pa di'm sa" (oh girl you have vegetable stew and you didn't tell me that) Nathalie say.

"bon sak fe'w visiez konsa" (why are you so greedy?) I ask her.

"it's not my fault you be making the best Haitian food you know I'm addicted"

"aaahhhhhaaaaahhh! you just voras kid" (voras = greedy)

"merd Pou wou" (fuck you) she say trying to act mad.

We talk a little before Jordan came down we ate together sat to watch some old Disney movies.

My son falls asleep, I took him upstairs to his room and I went back down stair to talk some more with Nathalie about the new people working in the facility and how fine my new boss is and how sweet the new office manager is.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

                                          Juna's house

   Thanks for reading please comment and vote