10.How Genius?

Ch10

Skylar POV

The first thing I saw when I first opened my eyes was a very worried Xavier, he looked at me with so much worry that my heart skips a beat.

The relief that I saw in his face when he saw that my eyes were opened was the best thing I have ever seen in my entire life.

His eyes were roaming my body as if checking me for injuries and when he found nothing his face turned into an angry scowl

"Are you fucking crazy?! How could you stay there in the fire and do nothing?! Do you have a fucking death wish?!" he shouted at me but I couldn't comprehend what's coming from his mouth.

"Fire! Where?" I said standing up.

"Where? Have a look Skylar and you will fucking know where?" I looked around me; my house was on fire, completely burning, people are running around to put out the fire "So now you know where! We have been attacked, they have killed three guards, burnt my beta's house and you ask me what's happening! That is what's happening" he said fuming

"so you think I was sitting there, saw the fire and said oh my room is on fire why don't I stay there until I'm roasted how genius?" I said sarcastically with burning eyes.

"Don't test me Skylar. You won't like it" he said while his eyes are getting darker with every word

"What is it to you? Tell me! Why do you fucking care if I die or live ha?" at that moment my blood was boiling and I could hear blood bounding so hard in my ears, I could feel my body coming alive from the amount of heat I'm feeling. At that moment I remembered all he did to me, all his looks, his hurtful words, those words that kept hunting me for ages, now I'm gonna show him what's the meaning of being frustrated .

And when he said nothing I moved to be right in front of his face so that I could feel his breath on my face "cause what you don't know Alpha is that me living or not is not your damn business" I whispered those words in his ears and took a couple of steps back by the time I turned around we had a nice crowd circling us, people were gawking at me for what I just did to the alpha, no one has ever done or said anything like that so whispers were starting to go around the place, people are looking to each other, voices were getting louder by the minute while I was standing there looking at the scene enfolding in front of my eyes.

"THAT'S ENOUGH" Xavier roar was heard all over the place, showing his alpha's authorities making all shrink with fear and making me go back a couple of steps. His eyes were black and I can tell that he was close to shifting but I'm not going to back down from this. Not now. I glared at him as he was glaring at me.

I was about to say something when Matt ran to me, he was out of breathe and he looked like he has been running for a while. "Are you okay?" when I nod he hugged me so tight, making me smile.

"Oh thank god you're okay, I was so worried" I hide my face in his chest, my eyes tearing up, all feelings inside me erupted and I couldn't stop.

And after a while of just holding me while I cried me eyes out he finally releasing me "what was going on between you two?" he said looking at the both of us.

"Nothing" we both said at the same time.

"But you were about to jump at each other's throat" he said joking but what he didn't know that we were about to do just that, how ironically?

"Matt, take her to the pack house and let the doctor examine her. Tell your parents about what happened here so they won't hear from someone and get worry and once you make sure everything is good, come back here" Xavier told Matt what to do and turned leaving us standing there, he was all alpha again giving orders and taking control of the whole situation.

"C'mon sis let's get you out of here" I nodded but before I go I glanced at Xavier one more time before we leave.