9.Brighter Than Fire

Skylar POV

I have been in my room lying in my bed doing nothing, it's been hours, days, months I have no clue to be honest. My mind has been a big mess lately cause simply nothing mattered anymore, nothing feels the same.

Mom, dad and Matt tried everything to make me feel better; they tried to make me talk, brought me my favorite food, brought ice cream, they did everything they could I can tell but I had no power in me to face them, all I did was stare at the wall with an empty soul and a broken heart.

His words never leaving me, his angry grey eyes hunting me every time I close my eyes making it hard for me to sleep, making it harder to breath and harder to live and to be honest all I wanna do; is lie in this bed forever.

Today hasn't been any different but there was something weird in the room, it's too hot in here, my eyes where burning making my vision blur and my lungs burn with every breath that I take.

I looked around the room but all I could see was smoke, my eyes become heavier with every blink and the idea of having a nap sounds wonderful and that's exactly what I did.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I was hiding behind a bush, Xavier was looking for me but he couldn't see me. It's his birthday party, he is 12 years now.

"Sky where are you? You know I'm gonna catch you anyways" he said and I giggled he would never find me. I peeked from behind the bush but I didn't see him and then someone grabbed me and I squealed.

"Gotcha" he said and I couldn't stop giggling and he joined me too.

"Xavier this is not fair you find me every time we play hide and seek".

"Cause dummy you can't even hide" and he laughed, I crossed my arms and pout "but I can hide" I said turning my back on him and I start walking.

"Hold up sky" he said catching up with me "I'm sorry....you can hide well" and I smiled showing him the gasps between my teeth

"I'll race you to the swings," I said running and giggling.

"SKYLAR!" he said running after me

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"SKYLAR!" I heard someone yelling my name from somewhere far

"SKYLAR!" and the voice keep getting closer and closer. And then I was being carried, two arms were holding me tightly to a firm chest.

I cracked my eyes open to be met with dark grey eyes, I couldn't help it but my eyes closed on their own.

Matt POV

"Matt! Your house is on fire! They burnt the beta's house those fuckers!" Xavier growled through the pack link and growls were heard from the pack, all those who heard him through the pack link are angry; someone disrespects not just their beta but their alpha's as well.

"WHAT? But Alpha Skylar is there alone, she is sick you know that"

"Don't worry I'm going in and I'm gonna make sure she is alright and if anything happened you'll know"

Running as fast as I can, I just pray to the moon goodness that nothing bad happen to Skylar.

When I finally reach the house, the smell of smoke hit my nose, people running around trying to control the fire but what caught my eyes is that Skylar and Xavier were standing in the middle of a crowd and they looked like they were about to kill each other.

I've never seen my sister so angry like that in my entire life; it was like her eyes were burning brighter than the fire behind her.