"How about you go to the lounge while I make a call for work. We'll both have a lazy day. But for breakfast we could go to McDonalds with the aunts and Grandma Jay, sound okay?" She nodded happily and skipped off and out of the room. I took my phone off of the island counter top and went to my contact list, clicking the icon for my boss at my work.

Once I got out of college five years ago, right before Louis committed, I got a job at Syco Music. I was the top man for everything that was to come and go through that business. Whether it'd be someone being signed to the company or whether someone huge like Bruno Mars coming to visit. It was weird since I never had an interest in music but as I got older and through high school, it grown on me.

"Marcel! You're late!" My boss fumed through the phone. I sighed for what felt like the tenth time this morning. "I know, Al. But I... it's just not a good day. I feel horrible and I want to spend some time with my daughter. Just for today."

"I don't know, Mr. Styles." He said disappointed. I rolled my eyes at how unfair he was being with me. He usually doesn't care if I miss a day of work. I rarely call in sick or take a day off. But he's only being like this because we're signing another artist.

"I don't call in sick or take off much so you might as well just get off of my back, please." I huffed angrily. "Don't talk to me in that tone. I'll let you take off just this once. But at this time of the year, we're always busy. Just because you want to take the day off to spend time with your daughter that could be watched by someone el-."

"Well I'm sorry for taking the day in order to spend time with my daughter, plus my in laws to visit my husband's fucking grave." I snarled quietly into the receiver. I didn't want Zara to hear me mad, it makes me feel like I'm putting a bad image as a father.

"Oh, Marcel... I didn't know. I'm sorry, If I knew about that before I would have let you take off with out any of my bullshit. My apologies." He said with sympathy. But I didn't want sympathy from him. I'm too tired and careless to care about what people think about me at the moment. "It's fine, Al. Just... may I go now?" He agreed and bid me a goodbye with another apology before hanging up on me.

I signed and closed out of the call as well. This day wasn't going good. For the last five years, this day was never good. I took my phone and walked into the lounge, seeing Zara watching Spongebob Squarepants. I smiled slightly at how intent she was watching the kids show. I walked quietly up to the couch and sat next to her, sighing once again and wrapping my right arm around her small frame. She snuggled closer to me, not taking her eyes off of the flat screen in front of her. 

"Zara?" I said, waiting for her to turn her head. But instead of the opposite, where she was still keeping her eyes on the cartoon. "Zara Rose, do you want to call Grandma Jay yourself or do I have to do it all alone?" Her head finally snapped away from the television as she looked at me with wide eyes. "No! I want to call Grandma Jay!" She said, a giggle slipping from her lips. I chuckled and nodded, kissing her forehead and giving her my phone. I typed in the password and clicked on Jay's contact as she put the phone to her ear happily. After a few short seconds, her face lit up and she exclaimed, "Grandma!" 

She giggled and said, "I'm good! But daddy and I want to go eat some breakfast at McDonalds with you and the aunts!" I heard the muffled answer from Jay and Zara's face lit up even more. "Thank you! Love you, Grandma Jay!" She listened to what Jay was saying before mumble a happy 'okay' and handed me the phone. "Hi, Jay." I said, getting up from the couch and walking back into the kitchen. 

"Hi, honey. How are you feeling?" She asked. I could tell that she's been crying from the crack in her voice. "I-I... to be honest, not good. I couldn't sleep, and when I finally did, all I dreamt of was him dead. I woke up to Zara trying to comfort me when I'm supposed to be the grown up and comfort her. Oh! And my boss decided to be a huge dick and get on my ass about how I'm going to take a day off. Sorry for being blunt, I-I'm just... I-I just want him back..." I felt tears come to my eyes for the third time as she told me to calm down.