"No kidding? Really? I never would've guessed that one." He said as he scratched his head as if in deep thought.

"Fine. You want to be this way then you do that. I'm going to bed." I said as I started to slip off my shoes.

There wasn't a single chance of going to the diner tonight.

I carried my shoes in one hand and treaded off to my bedroom. I slipped out of my flannel and took off all my accessories before changing my pants into a comfortable pair of black sweats.

Just as I was about climb into bed I heard someone (Theo) trip over and fall onto the ground.

I rolled my eyes and chucked my blanket back down. I trudged out to the kitchen to find Theo and a bar stool laying on the ground.

"What is wrong with you?"

All I hear in reply is laughter. Usually I adore Theo's laughs, but right now I can't help but feel irritated.

"What is so funny, you ass?!" I yell losing what little patience I had left.

His body flips over so he's now laying on his back and facing me. He remains quiet.

"Are you deaf now, too?"

He stayed still and didn't talk. For once I wasn't happy about that. Theo was never quiet for longer than a minute. Maybe it's just a drunk person thing?

"Theo?"

"Come on, Theo. I'm sorry for yelling at you." He continued to stare at me. "I really am. I've been worried about you. You had me waiting here for hours."

His eyebrows scrunched together in confusion right before they smoothed out and he looked mad once again. He realized what he had done.

"I'm sorry, Amaya. I was supposed to take you out and I just..-"

"It's okay. Don't worry about it, Theo. Let's just get you all better."

"You're so forgiving." He sighed. "How do you do that so easily?"

I cross my arms and lean against the counter. Should I tell him?

"I learned the hard way. It's not worth keeping grudges. You don't want the last thing you say to someone to be something hateful." I shed a tear remembering how ungrateful I was.

Theo looks up at me and reaches out for my hand and I reached for his in an attempt to help him up but he weighed so much more than me that the result was me falling on top of him.

When I recovered from the mishap, I lifted my face to see Theo smirking at me. "I actually like this position. Can we just stay here for the rest of the night?"

"Very funny." I chuckled and lowered my face so he wouldn't be able to see the crimson color overtaking my cheeks. I noticed what "position" we were in and I instantly felt embarrassed. I was practically straddling him. I wanted to get up, but I knew if I moved off of him right away he'd feel rejected.

Which is the last thing he needs right now. I know Theo and I know he'd never want to take a chance of losing his football scholarship. Him getting drunk and possibly acting out on campus could make that scholarship disappear into thin air.

So why would he do it?

While I was in mid-thought I felt a thumb brush an old tear away and a hand caress my cheek. Theo's fingers led into my hair and tucked it behind my ear revealing my face further.

"You're so beautiful. You know that?" He smiled up at me and his hand landed back on my cheek.

"You're drunk, Theo. You don't know what you're saying." I whispered with a sad smile.

Of course I wanted him to say that and the sentence itself gave me butterflies in my stomach, but there was no reason  to get my hopes up.

"They say children and drunk people are the ones who say the most truth. I don't lie. Sure, I kept a huge secret from you for a long time and that may leave you questioning on whether you should believe me, but believe me when I say this, Amaya, you're beautiful."

I stared down into his eyes and saw his face had completely softened as he continued to look up at me.

I couldn't put words together or even form complete sentences. Was this really happening?

"And you're very handsome." I chuckled playing along since this is just drunk Theo talking.

"So you don't believe me?" He quirked an eyebrow.

"I uh...um-"

He pulled me down to him and touched his soft lips to mine with the gentlest kiss. I didn't react since I was in shock and he pulled back looking sad and disappointed.

A grin grew on my mouth. Theo had just kissed me!

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-" I cut him off by pressing my smiling lips back onto his and he was glad to accept them.

Before I could even second guess it words fell from my lips. "I think I'm falling for you, Theo. I'm falling for you hard."

A huge, bright grin lit up Theo's face before he pulled me back in for another long passion filled kiss.
----------------------------------------------
Oh my gosh. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to update, but I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Another one should be up soon!!