Twenty-Five: Chill

Adrien's P.O.V

"Dude, just tell her you like her." Nino urged me, as he'd caught me staring at the sleeping (Y/n) for the millionth time.

"Nooo." I whined. "She'll reject me! I'm not who I normally seem to be–"

"Dude, she'll accept you either way. You know this already because Alya and I have told you that (Y/n) likes personality over looks, and you've got both covered."

I sighed in defeat. "Thanks, but... I dunno..." I scratched the back of my neck. "Let's just finish the project..."

"That's the spirit..." Nino muttered, and I glared at him. He shrugged. "Just sayin'"

We continued to work on the project when I heard (Y/n)'s phone ring. I went over to pick it up, in case it was her mom, but she shot past me with complete energy.

I looked back at Nino. He seemed quite as surprised as I was. Had she heard..? No. She would've most likely intervened.

She sifted through her bag, and pulled out her phone. She answered it quickly.

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

"WHERE ARE YOU!?" Jace's voice screamed through the phone.

I shrieked in surprise and tumbled back, fumbling with the phone. Adrien and Nino stared at me in surprise.

I regained my composure, holding the phone back up to my ear. "Y'know, I thought that all of that time you spent in the Arctic you would've cooled down all that hot air. It clearly didn't."

"Answer me! I'm at home and you're not here and oh gods are you akumatized? I swear if you are–"

"Chill, bro. My–uh–" I glanced at the two boys staring at me. "I've got my protection, no worries."

"Where are you!?"

"Chill out, child." I said.

"I'm an hour older then you." He pointed out. "Where art thou?"

"I'm at the Agreste Mansion." It sounded so weird on my tongue. How I said it was strange. So casual.

"Li-like the famous dude? Why're you there?" He asked nervously.

"Finishing a project with his son and his friend. Don't worry I'm fine."

"You won't be." He said quickly.

"Why's that?" I blinked.

"News. Akuma. Two o'clock. I'll be there in a flash–"

BANG!

"OKAY IM HANGING UP NOW GET HERE QUICK!" I yelped, and ended the call.

And, whoop'de'doo, there was the akuma in all its... uh... feathers...