Eight: I'm Fine

I strode down the halls past my locker in a blind haze. The teacher passed, but they didn't ask. I suddenly understood why they'd been gone.

Thoughts circled around my head. I couldn't breathe. Did I have asthma? No. This was a complete nervous break down. I felt tears in my eyes, but they didn't fall. My head hurt.

I finally made it to the front doors, and walked out. The rain had thinned into a slight drizzle. I didn't care. Thoughts circulated through my head.

What happened? How bad is it? Who crashed into who? Is anyone dead? Is she-

There was a hand on my shoulder. I froze, then heard my name. It was calm, maybe a little concerned.

"(Y/n)."

It was Adrien. I turned, and gazed at him. Well, them, actually. Marinette, Alya, and Nino joined him.

"Where you going, dude?" Nino asked.

I stared at him. "I-I-"

"(Y/n), what happened?" Mari asked. I couldn't speak. I felt like I was just a blank slate. A robot without code, an object without purpose-

"(Y/n), it's raining, and it's cold. Where do you need to go? We'll help." Adrien said. His emerald eyes caught whatever light the grey sky had to give.

My heart beat rose. I was panicking. I knew this. I realized this so easily it was like picking up that apple from that fruit bowl in the kitchen.

I turned around. "I have to go. I have to see what happened." I began walking again, this time, a little faster.

Adrien caught my wrist, but I kept walking. "(Y/n)!" He said desperately. I hadn't heard this tone since... since...

Not now... My brain whispered.

"Please, let us help. You'll catch a cold." He said. I frowned, but kept going. As if my health would concern me at the moment.

"Girl," Alya tried to trot next to me. We were now off of the school grounds. "Chill. We could help-"

"I know what I'm doing I'm fine." I said harshly. Adrien let go, and I was easily able to pick up speed. Only a few blocks away now.

They didn't return back to school. They followed me, asking questions, expressing concerns, trying to persuade me out of doing this. I had to see my mom. Couldn't they understand how urgent this was?

As if by magic, we were at the hospital. I walked right up to the doors and through, into a waiting area. They followed me.

"(Y/n), what's going on?" Adrien asked.

I rushed up to the desk. "I'm (Y/n)
(L/n). Where-?"

"Floor three, room 142, farthest to the left. Hurry now." The desk lady said.

"Merci! Merci!" I called, sprinting up the stairs.

"Wait! (Y/n)!" Alya called. I heard the group climb up after me.

No! Go away! One part of my head screamed, but the other said, Stay! Please! Help me! My panic increased.

I reached the third floor, and ran down the hall as quickly as possible.

137... 138... 139... 140... 141...

I burst into the room-

Beeeeeeeeeeep.