Ten: Nothing That Concerns You

I unlocked the door, opened it, then walked inside. My hands shook, causing the keys to rattle.

I gazed around the room. I saw large boxes, which I assumed were the mattresses. My shoulders tightened.

I shut the door, and walked upstairs. I locked myself in my room, and sat down. I placed my bag gently on the floor. Tripp zoomed out.

"(Y/n)?" He squeaked quietly.

I looked up at him. "I'm confused."

His eyes were glowing slightly, due to the lack of light. He lit up his hands.

"About what?"

"Why me?"

There was a long pause. He flew over, and sat himself on my knee. "I don't understand your question."

"Why did my mom die? Why did.. Why did he leave? Why me? Why choose me as your partner?"

He blinked up at me. "You're strong, (Y/n). It's difficult for a kwami to choose their wielder, they normally need someone to do it for them. But I was given enough freedom and respect to choose. So I chose you." He gave a small smile. "How about we go for a spin?"

I nodded. "I guess you're the boss now."

He gave a tiny squeak of laughter. "Only until you get over yourself. Let's go! Let's go!"

I rolled my eyes. "Alright, alright. Tripp, wings out."

And just like that, I was transformed into Firefly. I stood, and jumped out to my balcony. I took off, and landed a few buildings away.

It was grey outside, and slippery, and cold. The clouds swirled above in a dark mass. In other words, it was perfect weather for a bad mood like mine.

I took a moment to look over my thoughts. My mom just died. My friends were there, asking me very annoying questions. I was going to an orphanage, even though I wasn't actually an orphan. I was in a really big mess right now.

"Uuuggghhh!" I kicked a rock in anger and frustration.

"Easy there," A flirtatious voice said into the crisp air. "You might offend him."

I whipped around, narrowing my eyes. Would you guess who was there? That's right. Mr. Chat Noir himself.

Man, my bad luck was tipping the scales.

"What brings you here?" I asked coldly.

He frowned. "Well, I was looking for someone, but she appears to have disappeared. Ladybug is helping me look for her. Anyways, I saw you flying around, and land. You seem distressed. What's wrong?"

I narrowed my eyes. "Nothing that concerns you."

He sighed, and jumped over to me. "It does concern me, though. I don't like it when my friends are upset." He flicked his ears back a little when he said the word 'friends'.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Who said that I was upset?"

"You kicked a rock."

"That could mean anything." I pointed out.

He sighed in a frustrated sort of way. "C'mon, my lady. Tell me what's troubling you."

"Lay off." I grumbled.

He promptly got closer, gripping my arms and pulling me to him. Our faces were approximately one centimetre away from each other.

His emerald green eyes glittered. They swirled seriously. "You've got to tell me."

Before I could answer, a voice said, "She doesn't have to do anything."