Ch 28: Punishment

Grace POV:

Leviathan lunged at me, I squeezed my eyes shut afraid of what he was going to come up with this time.

But nothing happened to me.

After a moment something hit the floor.

It took me a few more agonizing seconds to open my eyes.

I yelped, launching back on the washing machine and hitting my head on the shelf when i was met with silvery eyes, "OWE!"

It was the beautiful man...angel..whatever, "t-thanatos?"

He looked down to the ground. I followed his gaze.

Leviathan was out cold..im pretty sure the angel of death just knocked out the devil..

"Doll...said to rescue."

"Oh..okay thank you."

"...cannot take you with."

I nodded sliding off the washer and tiptoeing past the shirtless man.

He didn't have those tattoos on his back like Leviathan did or any for that matter.

I leaned over leviathan, "you knocked him out cold"

"...was going to hurt you." He looked around, "where is your room?"

I told him to follow me as he slung the passed out devil over his shoulder.

Thanatos wasn't really overly concerned with Leviathan obviously by the way he just dropped him on my bed and turned to leave.

"Wait! Thanatos?"

The man peered at me over his shoulder.

"Why did he do it? Kill Eve I mean?"

Something flickered in his eyes, a sort of sadness i couldn't even fathom, "...punishment...not my story to tell.."

With that he was gone, leaving me to wonder what he even mean.

Punishment?

I though Eve was given several punishments because of her temptation, but i don't remember ever hearing about it getting her killed.

~~

Leviathan POV:

"Lucifer! Lucifer? Hellloooo? Lulu?"

I turned to look at the blonde, her wavy hair falling into her eyes as she grinned up at me.

I smiled softly as she placed one of her thin fingers upon my forehead, "lost in yourself again Lulu? What fantastic things your mind must hold. One day you aught to let me join you."

Taking her small hand into my own I gave her knuckles a gentle kiss, "hello to you too Eve."

She giggled girlishly, the sound surrounding me like the finest silver bells, "what are we going to do today?"

"Today?"

"Yes silly. You promised to come and visit me so I would not grow lonely, Adam is busy helping grow the human race he has no time for me save when I come into the plans for child."

I brushed her hair from her face as she seemed to grow sad, "a burden on you I wish would have fallen to another."

She leaned into my touch, "it is okay Lucifer, because of my burden I have met you. And I cherish these moments with you."

"As do I. What it you wish to do today?"

"Explore the gardens." She grinned, "your father created them its best you see it...but..." she leaned in close to me, "..we cannot eat the fruits from the great big tree in the middle okay Lulu?"

I let her tug me along excitedly, "of course Eve we will not eat the fruit."

"Not curious as to why not?"

"It is your wish that we do not so no. I simply want for your happiness."

A faint blush dashed across her cheeks as she looked away shyly, "why could I not have been gifted with a husband such as you Lulu?"

"We all have trials and opportunities for growth little Eve. It is written in his plans for each of us. In due time Adam may learn to appreciate the wonderful charming woman you are."

She sighed wistfully, pulling me through the maze of plants, "but Lucifer, you already see me as these things. I do not love Adam."

"In time Eve you ma-"

"I love you."

I faltered in my speech.

Eve was not meant to love me, it is not fathers wish for her.

Her wide brown eyes gazed up at me, "do you not love me too my Lucifer? Do you not ache to be beside me?"

We stopped in front of the great apple tree, "I do Eve, I adore being beside and love you. But.."

"Lucifer, I know Adam is my destiny but my heart aches for you. I just want to know what it is like, just once to share a kiss with the man I love, will you grant me this?"

I hesitated a moment but looking into her eyes I could not deny her this, "this must only happen this once."

"Oh thank you Lucifer."

I leaned into the small woman, pressing my lips agains hers.

I knew I was simply supposed to stop at a kiss if anything but I did not.

As an angel whos job it was to steer the human race in the proper direction as their shepherd, I was supposed to remain virtuous and lead example of  faith in our creator.

But i did not.

~~

Blonde hair shone through my blurry vision as slim fingers ran through my hair, "..Eve?"

My vision cleared to reveal stormy grey eyes, filled with confusion, not the warm brown ones I had once known, "Leviathan? who was Eve to you? You sounded so sad, are you okay?"

My head caught up to what I was seeing and I growled at her, "what the fuck do you think your doing? I know that little bitch Thanatos knocked me out. Why didn't you have him kill me?"

She shrugged, "It would be cruel to you both."

"I murder you twice a day you stupid slut."

"You cried."

I paused at this. "huh?"

"In your sleep. you called out for Eve and well...there were tears."

I sat up, staring at this woman, "i'm the devil. I don't fucking cry."

"For her you did."

I snarled in her face.

She didn't do anything, "you seemed like you were in so much pain so I tried to comfort you...did you remember something?"

My mind flashed back to the garden and the apple tree, Eves bare skin against my own and her soft happy sounds. her whispered words. "No. mind your own fucking business."

Without another word I vanished from the room. the stupid blonde was suffocating me with her idiotic stare.

I needed to be far from her.

stupid worthless human sticking her nose where it doesn't belong.