Ch 3: Nothing. Nothing at All

Grace POV:

I watched in shock as that strange kid from the library yesterday got his lunch dumped on him.

A sadness set over me as he stumbled from the room, he didn't do anything wrong. Its just awful to treat another person that way.

I followed him, heading to the first bathroom figuring it was a good guess.

I knocked on the door.

No answer.

I cracked it open a bit, "hello?"

"Go away!"

I frowned, stepping into the boys bathroom, "i have some shampoo in my bag for after gym..you can use it to get the stuff out of your hair."

It was silent for a long moment.

"..I can um help you get it out if you want?"

He was still quiet but nodded anyways.

Carefully I washed his hair as he leaned over the sink.

Saying this was awkward was an understatement.

"...why are you doing this."

I gave pause, handing him paper towels, "because I don't like bullies. You don't deserve this."

"You don't know me."

I smiled softly, "I don't have to and bad people are rarely victims of bullying. Life just doesn't work that way."

He nodded again before pushing his way past me pausing as he reached the door, "...thanks."

The door clicked softly behind him as he left.

~~

I saw him again twice yesterday, the man in the suit.

His standing outside my school makes it a second time today.

His eyes never left me once I noticed he was there, he hasn't approached me or spoken to me since that night at the bar. He just watches.

...and no one had died around me since he appeared.

Its strange but I don't mind that part. Its better than no stalker and an army of corpses trailing behind every step I make.

No one else was in front of the school to report me as crazy so I put on my big girl panties and decided to confront him. "Hi."

Yes Grace because thats super confrontational.

He rose a dark brow at me, "I thought you said people die around you."

....he's been following me because wanted to see people die.

I hope he's not a manifestation of my subconscious...

"Uh..they normally do this hasn't ever happened before."

Why was I going along with this?

He looked curiously at me, "is that so? Maybe something big is going to happen then little sinner did you think of that?"

My face drained of color, "that makes no sense."

"Of course it doesn't but Im going to take a guess and say...nothing does in your life."

I blink at him as he shot me another one of those sharp tooth grins.

"What do you want from me?"

"Nothing. Nothing at all grace. Its rare for me to find someone interesting."

"Interesting..?"

He nodded, "don't worry Grace your not the only person who's ever seen me, its rare but it happens."

Crap he is so my subconscious trying to reason with my conscious mind.

...well I supposed that my subconscious could have picked a less attractive image.

Could have picked a less creepy one too but I cant have it all I guess.

"Is that so?"

He nodded at me, "its been a while though. Are you afraid of me?"

I nodded.

His lips curved up ever so slightly, "you shouldn't be I wouldn't dream of hurting you."

The alarm bells that ring in my head and the sharp fangs he sports doesn't back him up too well.

"Oh..okay..I uh have to go."

His eyes followed me as I walked down the stairs, "see you later little sinner."

Oh god please no.