Ch 25: A Waste of Flesh and Bone.

Grace POV:

Leviathan was pacing again. throwing my stuff around and growling.

he even ripped one of the heads of my bears.

I sat in the corner, watching him. 

To be honest I was scared.

His tattoos were moving and his eyes utterly like a snakes. 

The temperature in the room kept rising. Even his nails looked sharper than normal.

Weirdly enough, I have always know how dangerous Leviathan was but I was never actually afraid of him. He always reminded me of an angry child throwing a tantrum and yes. i died because of it and that hurt a lot but for some reason he never really scared me too much. I was afraid of dying, but not of the devil.

Until now. 

Now I was scared. I was afraid of him. "Leviathan?"

He snarled at me. eyes flashing. "why the fuck does he know?!"

I pressed myself further against the wall, "w-what?"

He threw my antique hand mirror into the wall so hard it broke a hole in the wall..right above my head, "HOW DOES HE KNOW AND I CANT REMEMBER?!"

I was shaking now but starting to understand.

This was about something inside him. If I had to guess I would say it was about the only touchy subject when it came to Leviathan.

How he became the devil. 

I took a shaking breath, "I-I don't know..who knows?"

His eerie eyes settled on me, "you."

I swallowed hard.

"Get your ass up, NOW!"

My body did as commanded, it has since I licked his blood.

The was no longer seemed like a good place to be when he was in front of me, gripping my chin in his hand, nails digging into the soft flesh of my cheek, "He apologized for you, you know. like I would care if you disappeared and were taken from me. Your nothing but a useless human whore. You could go to heaven and I would be over it in a day, less than that even."

His eyes drifted down to my lips. 

My breath caught in my throat as he leaned in closer to me.

"..just a whore who will do whatever I want. I have a million other skanks like you gracie. You are disposable to me."

I don't know how I brought myself to speak but my voice escaped my lips in a whisper, "I know."

"the only reason you are only mildly amusing to me is because that little never dying hat trick you pull out of your fat ass."

"I know."

His grip tightened a bit on me, "Nothing but a useless skank. you're not even mildly sexy."

Slowly my hand curled around his wrist, stroking the skin with my thumb lightly. "I know."

"I only decided to keep you as a pet because I thought maybe you would be amusing but you're nothing."

My other hand reached up, cupping his cheek in my palm, "I know."

He looked like he was in pain.

So much pain, physically or emotionally, he was suffering.

"You should just fucking die Grace I don't even fucking care if you go to hell. Just die and never show your face to me again."

 I had literally no response for that statement because I had expected him to continuously belittle me until that look on his face went away. Until that rage left his face and that pain vanished from his eyes. 

But before I had the chance to even try and figure out how to respond. He was kissing me.

He seemed to do that when he was angry. 

Swallowing my surprised gasp he pressed me further into the wall. there was a cracking sound from where he made a hole with the mirror. 

Between kisses he would say something horribly mean to me.

I was disappointing.

Pathetic.

Annoying.

Worthless.

A waste of flesh and bone.

then when his lips would connect with mine he would growl low in his throat, hand eventually moving from my face to grip my butt as he forced himself between my legs.

My hand from his wrist earlier moved to his hair, running through the thick black waves like I remembered he liked.

I didn't exactly kiss him back. I was worried doing so would only make him angry.

But I would respond every now and then just because I felt like I should remind him I was there. 

He bit my lower lip a few times, breaking the skin, the taste of my blood flooding my mouth as his tongue invaded me. 

He growled as he pulled away again, "I don't need you."

I struggled to catch my breath, "I know."

"I don't even really fucking want you."

"I know."

"your annoying as shit when you talk."

"..sorry."

His grip tightened on my butt. face burying in my neck, he bit down, breaking the skin.

He didn't rip out my throat or dig his teeth any deeper he just bit me several times in different places. 

gripping my thighs he pulled me closer so my legs would wrap around him tighter. 

"you're not even that attractive."

"I know."

"you're not a big deal grace."

I ran my hand through the longest part of his hair, "I know."

i could feel him against me, all of him. 

I didnt want to take this any further, but his hands were running over my body, under my shirt, my skirt.

I knew what he was going to want. this was his distraction I guessed.

But I was only willing to go so far. Sleeping with him was not under the OK list. 

I could feel him licking and kissing over once of my aching bite wounds.

It would be a lie to say I didnt find the combination of stinging pain and soft touches a bit..enjoyable.

A soft sigh escaped my lips. 

he stooped, looking at my once more, my blood staining his lips, "see. you're just another one of my dumb whores who fall at my feet."

He was watching me. probably expecting me to comply and agree. 

But he still looked like he was hurting. less so, but hurting.

The air filled with silence as slowly, I smiled up at him. "you'll remember eventually Leviathan. Whatever it is, you're too stubborn to fail and too rebellious to give up."

He looked at me surprise flicking in his eyes for a moment before he sneered, "your even dumber than my normal worthless skanks."

I expected him to pull away. but he didnt.

He just brushed my hair back and sort of looked at me. 

carefully I offered to pet him.

Unexpectedly, he told me that it was the only thing I was good for anyways.

I found myself sitting on my bed, blood slowly tricking down my neck, my lips still swollen from his kiss. I found myself sitting on my bed with the devils head in my lap as I ran my hand through his hair. 

He fell asleep after a while. all traces of rage and pain gone from his face and I was left wondering.

Who and what in the world could hurt the devil so much?