18. Dancing Lessons | requested [G.G.]

Start from the beginning

"We ended early today," Grant explained. You nodded, reaching out to the stereo to turn it off just as the music changed to a soft love song. "Wait! I like this song."

You laughed, stepping away from the radio. "Sorry for creeping in your room," you sighed, sitting on the edge of his bed.

"Er, more like thank you for cleaning it," he joked, "Now, come on. I owe you for that." He glided over to you, reaching a hand out.

"Grant, I'm not dancing with-" before you could finish, he pulled you off of the bed, bringing you close to him. His hands traveled slowly down your body, bringing you two into a dancing position. Your breathing hitched, surprised by Grant's sudden closeness.

He chuckled, leading you across his bedroom floor slowly. "How is it I've been your best friend for years and I still haven't taught you how to dance?" The love song floated throughout the room, and you let yourself be pulled along by Grant. Your eyes stayed glued to the floor, trying not to fall over each other's feet.

"Oh, come on, look at me at least," Grant begged quietly. You turned your eyes up, meeting his. You almost stumbled in his arms as you realized the proximity of you two, dancing throughout the room to some cheesy, pop love song.

"I didn't know dancing to love songs was a best friend thing to do," you said, biting your lip. Grant's mouth was pulled into a killer smile as he stared down at you.

"I... uh... I guess it is for us," he muttered.

You couldn't help but grin back at him. "Yeah, I guess it is."

"Hey, thanks for cleaning up the place, by the way," he laughed, guiding you across the room.

"It's what I do," you shrugged.

"You do know you're the best, right?" Grant asked, leaning down so his face was closer to yours.

You giggled helplessly, feeling your face heat up.

"And you look so beautiful today," Grant smiled. He pulled away, twirling you around. He brought you back to him, bringing you close. "I mean, uh, well, you always look beautiful, though."

"Uh, thanks," you laughed, leaning your head on his chest. "This is sort of romantic."

"Sort of?" Grant asked, his voice quiet.

"Maybe a bit." You teased.

He stopped dancing, to which you pulled away to look up at him. His hands stayed wrapped around you though, his thumb rubbing small circles on your skin.

"I... I just.... this is romantic, huh?" He asked, turning his eyes to the ground. "Sorry."

You closed your eyes, letting him move you around somewhat gracefully. "It's fine, Grant. It's... nice." You smiled, opening your eyes to see him already staring at you.

"Yeah," he agreed in a whisper. "Nice."

You gulped, looking into Grant's eyes, to his lips, and back to his eyes.

"I...." he trailed off softly. You nodded, urging him to go on.

"I can't say it," Grant whispered. Unexpectedly, he leaned down a little more, pressing his lips to yours. You felt a rush of excitement and shock, but quickly kissed back.

Finally, he pulled away, his expression unreadable. "I-I'm so sorry," he stammered. He broke his hold on you, stepping away.

"It's fine," you promised. You reached out, taking one of his hands. You knew you must have been beaming like a fool.

"I want to try to be something more," Grant whispered. "And I didn't know how to tell you."

"I want that, too," you nodded, "Also, by the way, those pictures you have of us are adorable."

Grant chuckled, his eyes lighting up. "I'm glad." He stepped back to you, tilting your head up to reach his lips again.

• • • • •

author's note | hi, friends! this one shot is dedicated to @princess__wifi ! thank you for request!

AND THANK YOU GUYS FOR 1K READS! THAT DEFF CAME SOONER THAN I EXPECTED SO THANK YOU SM YOU LOVELY FLASH FANS (or maybe you're here bc of glee, idk, but you do you ;)) BUT THANK YOU!! <3

also, oh man, it's SNOWING and it's not even halloween yet!

and i changed the cover! what do you guys think? i'm actually pretty proud of it, haha

but, man this day is going very well. thank you guys for being apart of making it a good one! best wishes to all of you!