June 2020 (2)

~Archer~

"That one is hot"

It was a hot summer night. It didn't help that we were at that moment in a club full of dancing bodies and sultry loud songs. I pointed my index finger at one of the dancers on stage moving their bodies against a metal pole.

"I could totally have him in my bed", I continued.

"His legs are ugly"

Felix's words were curt and emotionless, as they always were. I'd gone through 3 years of that, I was used to it. What I do have to point out though was, Felix was much more relaxed about our relationship. It was what allowed me to jokingly make comments like what I'd said earlier. I guess all we needed was time for the message to get through his skull...and a few stern words from me.

"He's a good package. No one is as well-built as you are", I said with a wink.

"Stop flirting with me. I'm married", he said taking a swig of his drink.

We were at a gay club in Berkeley, standing in the front row during a dance performance. It was just 2 days after I officially graduated college. Mark and Co had given me two weeks to move and settle down in LA before I started with the firm.

Stella, Clark and I had decided to celebrate our graduations one last time. It was also a farewell celebration for me. The choice of a gay club was Stella's, for "Clark's sake". I saw the plan blowing up in her face.

The performance ended and we clapped.

"I don't get how you can be terrible at dancing. Your kind seems to be good at it", Stella teased me. "Hey, I am not terrible!" I protested.

I was about to say something when Stella said, "Oh hell no!"

I saw her storming off to intercept Clark, who was standing with some guy. He'd just come back from the bathroom and some guy was talking to him, displaying all the classic telltales of flirting. I knew it was a bad idea. She was going to spend her time either refusing advances from girls or saving her boyfriend from other guys.

Felix was chuckling next to me. He hadn't been keen on going out that night until he heard the word "club". Felix would let me get together with friends at their houses without him; clubs were full of "bad guys". He was tired from gym but he dragged along. I suspected this time it was just his way of saying, "I want to spend time with you".

"So um handsome..." I said putting my hands on his waist. "I'm married too by the way. But there's no reason why we can't..." I said seductively.

I thought I was winning him over, until he clenched his teeth. His eyes narrowed dangerously.

Okay, sure I was going to talk about cheating on him – with him, how would that make him angry?

"Babe..." I said.

"Excuse me for a second", he said.

He tried not to, but I could see he wanted to shove me aside. Something or someone had caught his eye and it was pretty darn serious. I removed my hands slowly. It was probably not the best thing to do.