December 2019 (2)

~Archer~

Planning a wedding wasn't easy. Planning a wedding that was due to happen in a month wasn't child's play. Planning a wedding while studying and playing division soccer was exhausting.

Stella, Clark and Alex helped, mom didn't. She wasn't excited about the wedding and helping was not something she was going to do. She would attend; she just wouldn't contribute to my "downfall".

I wasn't a groomzilla but one too many "unavailable" made me want to break every little bone of whoever I was talking to. I sulked and yelled.

My knight in shining armor came on his strong horse.

Felix had no idea what we needed for a wedding, but he could pull strings people only dreamt of. Places just became "available". He wouldn't let me settle. He gave me lots of input and took over some of the duties.

It was now 4 days to the wedding. We were back in Berkeley after going home for Christmas break. The wedding preparations were done, except for one small detail; our suits were not ready. I was ready to call off the wedding. The only suit I owned was the one I wore to prom and no way in hell was I wearing that. 

"Pancakes guess who called?"

"My missing sleep?"

"Awe...anyway, Jay called. Our suits are ready so stop stressing"

I brightened. "He did?!"

"Yes. That's the last thing on the list, isn't it?"

"Yes! I survived!"

He chuckled. "We can pick them up tomorrow. Come to the living room Mr. de la Cruz. I'm in a good mood so you can get a free massage".

"de la Cruz?" I asked following him into the living room from the kitchen in his apartment.

"I think it sounds great", he said.

"Christensen-de la Cruz...maybe"

"What if I told you I've already changed your last name? There's an online marriage name change kit you know"

"You wouldn't dare! Felix!"

He chuckled. "I'm only kidding", he said. "Archer Christensen-de la Cruz... sounds too long", he mused.

"Have you realized our last names put together basically say son of Christian of the cross?"

"That's creepy. Luckily, it's your last name, not mine", he said.

I couldn't argue. I liked the sound of "Archer Christensen-de la Cruz".

"Just give me the damn massage before I change my mind", I complained with a hidden grin.

He smiled. "Lie down. Back....feet, where do you want me to start?"

"...Shoulders and neck. I have a study neck".

"When will your grandparents get here? I need to move some meetings so I can pick them up from the airport. Also, are you of Danish descent?"

"12 pm in two days...which reminds me; their rooms are booked, right? I love my grandma but I don't want her here with us", I said.

"Relax. I booked the whole floor at the guest house", he replied. "So, are you a Dane?"

 "Part Danish, part Norwegian, part something, part something..."

"Makes sense, you are terrible at picking up subtle clues where love is concerned. I read that magazine you gave me. Apparently Danish guys are so anesthetized to dating they don't even know what flirting is".

"I'm not Danish. And if remember correctly, I'm the one who made the first move, so shut up. Less yapping, more massaging".

"If I wasn't dying, I probably would have swept you off your feet", he said.

I rolled my eyes. "Before or after you told me to leave the PAC unit?"

Silence

"I won this round. Can I get my massage now?" I said with a cheeky grin.

Felix groaned.

"What are you anyway?" I asked.

"My mom was of Italian-Spanish descent, and my dad Spanish", he said.

"We should go to Spain...", i said and got my breath caught in my throat. Felix had just placed his hands on my shoulders and moved them slightly.

"That feels good already. Don't ever stop", I said.

"My phone is ringing", he said right before his ringtone cut through across the room.

I sighed.

"But eh...whoever it is can wait", he said.

I grinned secretively.

=========