January 2020

Wedding o'clock!

[Unknown POV]

The setting was the Molenvliet wine and guest estate in the secluded part of Berkeley. It was the perfect venue for a wedding, with beautifully landscaped gardens and romantic vineyards. It was a picturesque setting, with enough magic and love filling the air as the guests trickled in one by one. White chairs adorned with silver and peach draping sat on a manicured lawn, with a white carpet leading to an arc adorned with peach flowers.

The weather was clear, with no cloud in sight, in contrast to normal California weather that time of the year. Instead, the sun was shining brightly. Even the weather was excited about the wedding!

Inside one of the rooms, one of the grooms was "panicking". It is not a word he would rather use, but he was having a moment. The cool and calm man was for once in a long time, having butterflies in his stomach.

"Relax man, it'll be fine", the best man assured.

"Relax? I'm fine", Felix said adjusting his tie.

"Sure, we all say that", Marx said.

He'd seen the subtle clues that his friend was nervous. He kept adjusting his tie and looking at his watch.

"I'm fine".

"The time hasn't changed much since the last time".

"What if he doesn't come?" Felix finally admitted what was gnawing at him.

"Are you kidding? Archer loves you. He's spent so much time organizing this wedding to ditch it", Marx assured.

"His mom doesn't like me. We got engaged six months ago. We planned the wedding in a month. I don't know".

"Is it him or you who's having doubts?"

Felix glared at his friend. How dare he even insinuate that?

"I want to be married to him today, no doubts about that. I'm just...worried I guess. Does it sound like I put pressure on him?"

"He doesn't sound like someone you can pressure into anything. Relax. We are up in about 5 minutes. I can't have you sweating through your suit".

"At least there's going to be a few people if he doesn't show", Felix said looking at his watch.

"I give up", Marx said.

On the other side of the building, the mood was happier.

"How do I look?" the groom asked.

"Like a million bucks. Felix is going to fall over his feet", the best woman swooned.

"The groom eating mud? I don't think that's what Archer is going for", the best man countered.

"I don't mean literally you idiot", Stella said twisting her lips.

Clark shrugged. "Idiot" was a word he was accustomed to. In Stella's world, it was a term of endearment.

"How do you guys think Felix is?" Archer asked.