Rescuing Lucifer's Jacket

"Oh HELLO."

------------------------------------------------------

56 MILES FROM THE NORTH POLE.

INSIDE A HOLLOWED-OUT CLIFF, A CASINO LIES.

WITHIN RESIDE THE GREAT FORCES OF EVIL, LEAD BY THE NEW DEMON LORD, TRICK GRAELL.

ONE UNFORTUNATE BOY DISCOVERED THE CASINO BY ACCIDENT, AND NOW LIVES THERE.

THIS IS HIS STORY.

------------------------------------------------------

"Hey... Lu-bat.... do you wanna GO TO THE CASINO????"
Lucifer jumped and looked at me with a strange look on his face. "Why?" he asked nervously.

"Well," I said excitedly, "The jackpot's up to 2 billion AAAND this sweet-looking gold leather jacket. I'm going for the jacket."
"Did you say gold leather jacket?"

---------------------------------------------------

Rico and Lucifer looked over the jacket apprehensively. The Imps watched their eyes flit back and forth nervously as the two demon generals studied the thing, faces horribly blank. Suddenly, Xerxes popped out of the back room.
"Hey, hey hey! What is going on over here? The Imps have been telling me that the man-whore and the hopeless biromantic were here and I wasn't sure who they were talking about," Xerxes yelled over the commotion and the loud music. "Well, I know which one of you is the man-whore."

I didn't care. I was soaking up the sights.
It reminded me of a gay bar, but not really. Maybe it's because it wasn't just girls wearing rabbit suits. There were the occasional rabbit-suited waiter or rabbit-suited pole dancer mixed in with the crowd of imps. Most of them were succubi/incubi, but one was nervous but lording over everyone in a fur jacket over her rabbit leotard.
It was Harper.
Her rabbit ears and hands complemented her outfit. Xerxes had gotten her a balcony all to herself, and she was loving it. Her feet dangled into a tub of hot water, bubbles coating the top like a dollop of whipped cream. She had a paging device, and when it would buzz, she would go down and take orders as a waitress. Upon seeing us, she walked down, kissed Xerxes on the cheek, and waved to us shyly.
"Wait," I said, confused. "You're DATING?"
"Yeah, I thought we told everyone that? Oh well," Xerxes sighed. "I would lose my head if it wasn't attached to my shoulders, and Trick let me in charge of all of these unruly Imps. I'm not surprised, I was the first member of the Casa del NOPE gang."
He was? Huh. No wonder he knew how to function around here.
"In fact, I was there when the casino was first built, but that's a story for another day."
Lucifer turned around then, eyes stony. "If you do tell us, let me know. I want to know who killed Satan."
Rico nodded as well, still fixated on the golden jacket.
Xerxes flinched at their expressions, then laughed nervously, shrugging. "Alright, then. I'll let you guys know, ok?"

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Yep," Lucifer said, certain. "That's my jacket."
Xerxes started blurting out apologies. "I really don't know how my Imps get our prizes. They usually raze certain areas, and this time, they were foraging from the old demon castle. They found your jacket there and thought it was valuable. I can give it back, if you want."
"No."
"What?" Rico asked him. "Lucifer! That's your jacket! It's the only memories we have left!"
"I'm going to gamble for it," Lucifer growled. He slammed a few 50s down on the table and pulled out a deck of cards.
Xerxes got a strange glint in his eye. "We're not playing poker," he said, excited. "I have something a LITTLE MORE DIFFICULT in mind for you. How about... a maze?"
He reached under the table and pulled out a piece of paper that I recognized instantly.
"The Hamburger Maze," I breathed.
Trance-like, I snatched the pencil out of Lucifer's hand and sat down. "My play," I said, eager for an old challenge.
"5 minutes," Xerxes dared me. Lucifer protested, but I slapped his hand whenever he would try to get the pen.
"GO!"

------------------------------------------------------

"3 minutes," Xerxes reminded me, taunting. I was somewhere near the top of the maze. I swore as I hit another dead end. HOW did they do this so quickly?
Then it hit me. They stayed near the actual patty, not into the bun. I breathed in relief as I found an easier path.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"10 seconds."
I swore, and then...
A grey-furred hand snatched up the pen and finished the maze. I looked up to find a familiar pair of grey eyes, taunting. Trick held up their orange-filled copy of the maze.
"There's a reason why I get these done faster than you," they said, eyes filling with nostalgia. "You owe this boy about 2 billion, I believe? How about you just put this in his salary? If I let him have all of that, he'll waste it on a basketball court. Installed payments."

"Y-yes, ma'am," Xerxes stuttered.

"Oh, and don't forget to give Lu-bat his jacket back," Trick reminded him.

"See ya around."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"So, are you going to tell me the story?" I murmured, pressing kisses into his neck.

Lucifer had taken off his suit jacket and his white shirt with the black short sleeves and replaced it with a black muscle shirt and his golden hoodie. It had pads sewn onto the shoulders and cuffs, which looked almost pearly in color. The rest of the jacket was made of a warm golden leather, except for the hood, which was stone grey.

It looked... ominous, like something was going to happen that told me that story anyways.
​​​​​​​"Maybe later."