sHIT Antarctica is cold

"Son of a..." I muttered under my breath as I rubbed my hands together.

Antarctica is really cold when the sun sets. Really, really cold.

Looks like I was going for option two:

Die trying.

My boots were filled with snow and a blizzard seemed ready to start at any moment. Maybe it was my cold brain being delirious but I had a feeling that if I didn't find "Casa del NOPE" soon I'd die in an Antarctican blizzard.

I thought of my brother. What would he say if I died chasing a ghost of a chance?

Worst of all, the signs appeared to be leading me straight into a cliff. It would be laughable if the "Casa del NOPE" really was in the cliff.

Chuckling, I trudged forwards.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a   f e w   m i n u t e s     l a t e r

I could see something in front of me. It was a speck, but the closer I got, it grew...

Her hair.

Her face.

I started running, to the best of my ability. The snow was ice here, and it made running easy.

I opened my mouth. "L-"

She- it- vanished. I was right in front of the cliff. In my vision's place, a wooden sign.

Casa del NOPE, 50 feet.

50 feet?!? I was literally in front of the cliff. Where would I go? Run up the cliff? Eh, worth a shot.

I stepped forwards and heard a click under my feet. The next thing I knew, I was flying through the air at a scary pace. I shrieked in terror as my eyes flitted to the ground, which was a long ways below me. If I didn't land on that cliff I'd kick the bucket for sure. Below, a hidden spring bounced into existence.

Oh. That was clever.

With a thud, I landed face-first on the cliff. I winced as I accidentally bit my lip. Sighing with relief over the fact that I didn't do more damage, I uneasily got to my feet and walked forwards, looking around expectantly. Ahead of me wasn't a building, but two of the same wooden signs that got me to this point. I started to worry. How would I get off of this cliff once I found the "Casa del NOPE"?

Then, I read the signs.

Congrats, bitch! You flew 50 feet forwards AND up! Overshot a bit, didn't you? There WAS a back door.

My heart flew into my throat. I could feel the heartbeats shaking my entire body.

Where to go next, but DOWN?

"WAIT-" I started, fear lacing my voice.

A familiar voice cackled evilly. "Too late."

A click, and next thing I knew, I was falling.