The Girl Who was Lost in the Snow

56 MILES FROM THE NORTH POLE.

INSIDE A HOLLOWED-OUT CLIFF, A CASINO LIES.

WITHIN RESIDE THE GREAT FORCES OF EVIL, LEAD BY THE NEW DEMON LORD, TRICK GRAELL.

ONE UNFORTUNATE BOY DISCOVERED THE CASINO BY ACCIDENT, AND NOW LIVES THERE.

THIS IS HIS STORY.

---------------------------------------------------------------

l a t e r

Harper trudged through the snow, pulling her furry cape closer to her. She put arm over her face, trying to shield her eyes from the cold, snow-filled winds of the blizzard that raged all around her, but the white fur covering her rabbit-like arm was obscuring her vision. Wincing as tiny projectiles of ice bounced off of her sensitive skin and rabbit ears, she struggled ever further through the tundra.

Maybe I should have listened to Mother Earth when she told me not to do this. The Good Mother always knew what she was talking about, even if I only knew her for a short while.

She could remember the woman still. As an anima, she accepted all others of that demon class, as most of them were kind-natured. It was a rumor that the poor woman had to make a deal with the demon lord Satan himself to keep their sanctuary safe. It seemed far-fetched, but the demon lord never invaded.

However, it was no time to be reminiscing. Antarctica really wasn't agreeing with the poor demon girl and she really wasn't that strong.

A sudden gust of icy wind pushed the rabbit-eared woman over. With a yelp, she landed in the snow and laid there, so exhausted that she was unable to move.

This is it, she thought. This is the end.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

t h e   n e x t   m o r n i n g

Xerxes flew over the Antarctic plain, getting ready to leave the borders. He had been sent on a special request to find some coconuts on the border. Later, he had jury duty on the court that CONDEMNED HIM TO HELL but he wasn't that concerned; it was a lot of fun getting the dirt on the accused. As he had time to kill and it was pretty close by, he thought he'd stop in California for a swim and some coconuts, go for jury duty and then come back with the coconuts for the picky demon that requested it. Yeesh.

Suddenly, in the snow, he spotted something. It looked kind of like a really skinny dead cow. It was black and white, and it wasn't moving. Confused, the imp lord flew in for a closer look. His magical eyesight is NOT a set of binoculars, no matter how many times Ardru asks.

On closer inspection, it wasn't a starved cow.

It was a skinny, rabbit eared girl. And she was alive, but barely.

The snow covering her from the now-abated blizzard looked like white spots upon her fuzzy black cloak, which was spread over her from her obvious fall. Two rabbit paws (were they her hands?) clutched the cloak like a teddy bear. Her face was small and dainty, and her dark brown hair was cut in a bob, which framed her face.