Part 1

Father Connal paced the stone corridors of the stone Church. Sister Bell glared at him, her arms were crossed and in her white hair band her scowl was even more noticeable. the halls were cold with the December air, soft snow was falling in the court yard in tiny little clumps. 

"Henry, if ye don't want to speak to Angus, ye don't have to." she said. 

"I must, he called for me, it has been years since he has asked me for help." he said turning around and walking back to Sister Bell for the seventh time. 

she rolled her eyes and gave a huffed reply. she pushed herself off the wall and walked to him. 

"Henry, stop. ye are worrying everyone." she mumbled.

he stopped and looked down the hall. the other nuns looked down at him, curiosity, but respect running through their eyes. most of the girls were young some where older now, but all knew that the future king was coming.  

"But Amanda!" he started.

"It has been a verra long time since ye have seen him, since i have seen him. But we must be calm, if he brings news of the war then we welcome it, if not then we welcome it too." she snapped.

he nodded and stood straighter. he was the head priest after all, the head priest of the convent of death. he had sworn his oath, to train all willing to become assassins that served only one person; Grale, the lord of death. 

"Once he arrives send him to me." Henry said before he turned and walked off down the hall. 

he held his head high and walked with swift strides to the other side of the hall where a brown door stood. he pushed it open and exited into a smaller tower. stairs spiraled upward and he crept them, his blade sheath hitting the wall. when he got to the top there were candles lit around the room. it was the only room that was always lit, the nuns kept it that way. he sat down in front of the biggest candle and stared at it. 

he remembered back to the days where he was free, searching for blood. he remembered finding Amanda Bell in a prostitutes home killing for money. killing brought all of them together, and together they formed a tight bond till one night Grale, himself came to speak to them. he praised them and soon after Henry and Amanda bought an old Catholic church and created their assassins school hidden under a religion.  

he opened his golden eyes and watched the flame lessen then burst in to a full fire. he smiled, an evil smile full of power, he closed his eyes after and the flame died slowly. he heard the soft pat of shoes on the stairs. with a small knock the door opened. a young new apprentice opened the door.

"Lord, he has arrived. Sister Bell is keeping him busy, but she is getting mad." the young girl of 10 said. 

he nodded and stood, turning and giving the girl a warm smile.

"Thank you Viviana, i will be down in a few minutes." He said walking to the door.

Vivi, smiled and nodded before running back down the stone steps. the smile lingered on Henry's face, but it wasn't a real smile, he hadn't smiled a real one in so long. calmly walking down the stairs he followed the train of Sisters and few Brothers into the Chapel. in the front the proud prince stood, his arms crossed a sly smile on his lips. Amanda stood next to him, her hands fists at her side. the fire in her violet eyes, showed she was angry, and Henry did not want to handle another episode of Angry Amanda. 

he walked to the front of the room and caught Angus's eye. Angus and Amanda turned to face him, both really upset. he gave them both a scowl and walked up to them.

"Angus, i would say it 'is good to see you' but it isn't."Henry said.

"Same goes for me, sadly i wouldn't be here if it wasn't necessary." Angus said.

"So what do i owe this visit?" Henry said. 

"Then Nobility of the North is plotting to over throw the south, but they are planning on killing everyone. even the churches." Angus said running his fingers through his blonde hair. 

"You are Sure? How do you know?" Amanda asked.

"Amanda! but she has a point." Henry said.

"I have my ways like you have yours, i was hoping we could come with some kind of alliance to help each other." Angus said

"What would you have us do?" Henry asked.

"Send some spies. I need to know for sure that they are planning against us, so far i have been having ... trust issues. i know i can trust you, after all the three of us fought side by side." Angus said.

Amanda rolled her eyes and huffed, turning and leaving their small group. Henry watched her go before turning back to Angus. he nodded and Angus smiled.

"See, i knew i could do business with you." he said "With this i will take my leave, i suspect spies coming to work for me in a few weeks. no more no less." 

Angus did a short bow before he turned and left to his horse that a few brothers held down. Henry watched him go before he turned to face Amanda. she glared at him and turned around leaving him walk up the steps silently. Henry knew that Amanda did not like Angus, frankly he didn't either but Angus was a dangerous enemy to make. 

he stopped when he heard a babe's cry. Amanda stopped and turned to face him, also hearing the child's cry. another cry pipped up and Amanda ran down the steps and walked to the gate searching. before she gasped and stooped down. Curiosity hungered in Henry and he went after Amanda. 

she picked up two small children wrapped in dirty cloth. one, the girl had dark black hair and beautiful hazel golden eyes. the boy had brown hair with silver eyes, he shushed when the child's eyes fell on Henry. the little girl was defiant and cried for warmth and food. they were old enough to survive more or less for a little time but still young enough that they needed their mother's milk. 

Henry noticed a small paper sticking from the boy's wrap, he gently pulled it out and unfolded it. Cinead Duncan. it must have been the child's name, Henry found another paper in the young girls wrap and read her name as Eileen.

"Who would leave two poor children out in the cold?" Amanda said cradling both to her.

"Someone who couldn't take care of them, who thought we could." Henry said.

"We can't just leave them!" Amanda exclaimed.

"You're right, bring them inside. i will have one of the other women feed them." Henry said leading Amanda back inside. 

she followed behind and he could hear her coddling the two children. Eileen cried out in protest, Amanda laughed and giggled with them. Henry turned around and for a moment she reminded him of someone else. she looked at him worriedly.

"What is wrong?"she asked

"Nothing, come in quickly." Henry said helping her in. 

Cinead stared at him with his silver eyes, Henry could see all the innocence in the child. Amanda passed by and the child disappeared with her inside. a few other girls ran over and took Cinead out of Amanda's hands. with strict instructions Amanda lead the other girl into another room. 

Henry walked back to the gate door looking out to the snowy landscape. it seemed that the world was silent welcoming the children into the sanctuary.