19.

A/N:
Merry Christmas!
I am so sorry that it took so long for me to update, I'm busy with school hahah hopefully a 6700+ word chapter will make up for it.

Fun fact: I'm only 15 years old. 😄 Is that shocking? Hahaha

How old are you? 😄

This is one of the first installments for the double or triple update, I'm still not sure hahah

Anyway, enjoy the chapter!

———————

The sound of my hurried steps of excitement resonated in the bright hallway of the palace along the sounds of my attendants' brisk pace; in attempts of keeping up with me. A wide smile stretched across my lips as I hurried in the direction of Harry's private study for I wanted to hear the words of confirmation from his own lips. The grand double doors came into sight and I halted my steps in front of it. The royal guards bowed respectfully upon seeing me and I nodded gently, my smile unfaltering.

"My lady."

"I came here to talk to the king." I spoke, biting my lips in a transparent manner of excitement.

"We are afraid that you have to wait for a moment, my lady – for the king speaks with the head councilman as of this moment." Another voice replies and I turn to find warm brown eyes staring into mine.

My shoulders droop in a tinge of disappointment yet I find hope once again upon deciding to wait here instead. "I shall wait for him here then, for it seems as my excitement could not be held any longer." I smile upon the unknown authority. I have seen him before yet I never had the chance to know his name. He seems to be trailing wherever Harry goes. "May I know your name, my kind sir?" I ask, my head cocking gently at him with my brows furrowing in a curious manner.

"Forgive me, my lady for not introducing myself beforehand – my name is Liam Payne and I am the head of the Royal Army of Seforaux." He speaks, bowing down as the other guards standing behind him bowed down as well.

"Please, do not bow down to me, I feel; dare I say it, undeserving for I simply do not think that I am made for these kinds of formalities." I shyly admit, continuing. "I simply am not born and raised with it."

Liam smiles, his respect unwavering. "Oh but you deserve to be treated with respect my lady. You are the king's favored maiden and from what we all have seen, you act kindly upon everyone – that alone should be reciprocated greatly."

Oh my.

My cheeks reddened upon the mention of being Harry's favored maiden and I found myself gazing down in order to hide my transparent reaction. My thumbs twiddle with each other gently as I sighed and bit my lip, speaking with my voice just above a whisper like that of a gentle wind's. "Thank you."

"Besides, my lady, this would not be the last time that you would be seeing us." Liam's voice sounded, carefully speaking as if he was avoiding it at all costs to astonish me. My eyebrows furrowed, and my mind spiraled in confusion.

"What ever do you mean, sir?" I prodded, my head darting up upon hearing his words.

"The king had ordered us to guard you as well; we shall protect you with our lives faithfully, my lady. We are at your disposal and your safety is our sacred priority as the king strictly ordered us to do so." He nods. My lips part, breathing out gently for my heart basks in its sweet rejoice upon hearing his words.

Oh my Harry,
my sweet, sweet song.

Hearing these words about Harry wanting to protect me with all is might left me in a breathless realization; we have come so far.