12.

A/N:
This chapter is dedicated to xxloves1Dxx ! Love you! Go follow her, she's the sweetest, thank you love for the great support that you give me, and I really am motivated to finish this chapter (even though it was a week late) because of you! Thank you so much and love you!

That's Hunter at the top, just ignore the hairstyle and the shoes, Lily's preparing there for the Golden Globe Awards and just make the robe longer.

-------

I was brought out from my shallow, uncomfortable sleep as soft knocks continuously radiated from the doors. My nose felt blocked; making it slightly harder for me to breathe due to my excessive sobbing earlier.

"My lady? My lady? Are you awake?" The soft voice asked, periodically knocking, as if afraid to disrupt whatever they seem to think I am doing.

"I am, a moment please!" My voice seemed so frail and nasal as my throat was also dry. It felt as if I ate sand. I quickly stood up, still dressed in my chemise and I searched hurriedly for a robe. Once I found one draped by one of those plush velvet red chairs I quickly slid it on and trailed to the door.

I opened the doors to be met by a maiden, whose name is Anna as I remember for she was one of my servants in waiting. She was holding a tray full of food with a bountiful selection of fruits and once she took sight of my blotched eyes, my reddened nose, lips and cheeks, her eyes widened. I stepped aside and let her enter my chamber and she silently set the tray down on the table.

She then stalks in front of me, bowing in submission.

"The King has ordered for you to take your breakfast inside your chambers; you are required to finish the meal, or punishments will be bestowed, my lady." She says softly, taking in sight of my distraught and unkempt appearance.

Is this how it will always be? Him bestowing orders upon my every move and putting threats if I did not comply? Yet what did I expect upon him? I am his slave for pleasure, I mean nothing of utter importance to him as he always said. I need to get out of this awful thinking that just because he gave me affection, I put my naivety first and think that he puts even the littlest value of me. That I mean something to him.

Why must you be so naive, Hunter?

He is a king; and I am just a mere dirt in his eyes. He clearly told me that I was his. Why must I think that I am of importance to him?

Because he gave me affection in a way no one has done to me before.
Because he gave me warmness that I know not my heart yearns, and desires for.
Because he gave me such feeling stronger than a raging blizzard; he gave me attention, infatuation, and affection.

Because I am the epitome of innocence;
and excessive innocence leads to naivety.

For in the short time I spent wrapped in his arms, I knew-I knew that he; he gave me the galaxy, he handed me the stars.

Such sharpness, that my hands are bruised and wounded. For every time he handed me the stars, the galaxy, the moon, he gave them to me in such demeaning way; my hands were bruised and wounded.

And so was my heart.

"Alright, I understand." I tell her, rubbing my eyes to rid of the heavy feeling and dried salty tears.

"My lady, if you do not mind me asking, are you alright?" She asks cautiously, not wanting to intrude and probably thinking that I would be enraged at the thought of the prying questions.