03.

Time.

Was it a friend?
Was it a foe?

It is.
It is.
A foe.

For our bodies stilled there in that awful position as the tears were traitorous; unstoppable, just like him.

He is a King after all, so whatever he wants, he gets.

I just stared at his green orbs, my brown ones filled with fear and tears.

It was then I thought that he had had enough of my presence that he roughly removed his hand and stepped away from me all the the while closing his eyes in distress and pinching the bridge of his nose. He snarls at me as he spoke; "You are to be escorted to a room; bathe yourself. Once done, someone will escort you here to which we will discuss our arrangements; understood?" he barks with his cold green eyes fixated strongly and powerfully upon my fragile body.

"Yes, Your Majesty." I weakly replied, my heart stuttering in pure fear and I almost felt my bones give way from his hard glare; power emitted from his body in waves.

"Go." he points at the door and it was as if scalding relief poured upon my heart. Hurriedly, I exited his study chamber, gently wiping the tears upon the softness of my cheeks as I sniffled. Yet they listened not to me for they continued to fall as I remembered his harsh, belittling words.

Upon closing the enormous doors, I was astonished greatly to feel large, callousness hands wrap upon my forearm tightly whilst escorting me to a room located at another wing of the palace yet still on the same level. It was of great relief to me upon realizing that we did not take the excruciating flight of stairs.

Yet one question struck me.

Why are we headed to one of the many chambers in the level where the King's wing was? Confusion rattles me greatly, yet I spoke not. Should I not be given a chamber upon the servants' quarters? The Royal Guard wrenched the large doors open, hands leaving the golden ornate handles. His grip on my forearm fell and he turned to me and spoke; "There will be a few maidens in the room ready to be of service. Once done, your presence is immediately required before the King." he sternly said and he wasted no such time for he immediately nudged my body towards the chamber. I enter the premises of the chamber and such surprise gripped me.

Oh my.

The chamber was surrounded by candles and decorated by expensive pieces of paintings. A large mattress draped with fine clothes formed a breathtaking canopy. The furnace was neat across the mattress and above it was a large mirror mimicking my actions. A proud chandelier hanged from the towering ceiling, it's reflection glinting upon the shiny round table that held three chairs.

This; this is my chamber?

My thoughts of awe abruptly halted as four maidens entered the room bearing the same dresses. "Are you prepared to have a bath, My Lady?" one asked me kindly, blue eyes warm and inviting. I nodded gently, biting my lip and fiddling with my fingers nervously.

"Simply Hunter will do madam. I-I simply do not have a title to be called such." I whispered and my eyes casted down, biting my lip once more to control the overwhelming urge of my tears.

For I remember.
Oh how his words hurt me so.

"I would call you by your name My Lady, for it is what you are comfortable in yet I must admit to you that it is against the King's orders." she states while the three other maidens kept their heads bowed in respect with their hands clasped in front, not once meeting my eyes.

I nodded unsurely at this; I wish not to cause them jeopardy if that is what they were commanded to do. They gently ushered me to the enormous bath chamber-which was as beautiful as it could be unlike those dull bath chambers that I had seen before. It was located inside the chamber and I was incredibly relieved that I would have to bath for I feel rather disgusted from all that had became of me today that I strongly wish to scrub the dirt and grime from my body.