09.

A/N:

Hi guys!

Just want to say thank you to all of my readers who keep on voting, commenting, and sharing!

Thank you!

-------

The melodic chirping of birds woke me up from my peaceful slumber.

My eyes squinted from the light seeping from the curtain that his majesty pulled back last night, causing me to hide my face into his majesty's chest and to cover my eyes with my hand.

I slowly lifted my head, gazing at his majesty whose arm was tightly coiled around my waist. He looked so peaceful; lips as red as blood, his face relaxed whilst his long, dark eyelashes rested against his cheeks. Gazing at his lips made me remember the events last night.

And as I reminisced the memory, I could not help touch my swollen lips; feeling them tingle upon the memory. I felt utter relief upon remembering that I have kept my purity safe.

Yet I felt shame wash my being for giving myself into him with his lush words and touches when in fact, he had humiliated me in front of his council.

But I knew that a small part of me gave in.

Gave in to him.

I gently pushed his majesty's arm off of me and I was scared that he was brought out of his sleep as his eyebrows furrowed, causing me to deftly grab the plush pillow that my head was comfortably laying on and pushed it in his arms. He embraced the pillow, nudging his nose cutely against it with the unconscious thought that it must have been me who was held in his embrace.

I let out a sigh of relief; heaving my body off of the bed. But just as my feet touched the floor, my right foot stepped on an object; I gasped in surprise, and bent down to grasp it in my hands.

And it was a book wrapped in thick, brown leather.

I curiously flipped the leather bound book in my palms seeing that a leather strip was wrapped around it to keep the book from freely opening. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion of what this book was doing on the floor near his majesty's bed. Everything was properly placed on it's designated place, not a single item kept unproperly. So why was this messily left on the floor? My curiosity got the best of me, as I unwrapped the leather strip from the book. With my heart pounding and curiosity filling through my veins, I opened the book with my back turned to his majesty as I sat on the edge of the bed.

I ran my fingertips over the inked initials that were elegantly written with a fine quill and ink.

H. E. S.

This must be his majesty's initials.

With the knowledge that this book belongs to his majesty, it made my heart pulse. But now, now that I have this gut feeling, now, now that I have seen his initials intricately written on the page, this lead me to a conclusion that this book belonged to his majesty's possession.

With my heart racing, I closed the book and clutched it tightly in my hands.

His private possession.

And it made my hands shake in fear. It made me fear him even more in the thought of him catching me with my hands grasped tightly on his book.

My heart speaks.

My mind vociferates: pushing this book away.

My heart speaks.

My mind tells me; scolds me; cries to me;

Push the book away.

But, my heart speaks.

Fingers stuck in ice-frozen; twitching in an undecided stance.

My mind shouts.

But, my heart speaks.

My mind shouts, yells, screams.

My heart screams with great vehemence.

Silence.

And I open the leather-bound book.

-------
A/N:

That was purposely short, sorry but I really need to cut it so the next chapter will be intense.

Thank you guys!

All the love x.

God Bless!

To God be the Glory!