Makoto Naegi x reader [Twenty-four hours]

Start from the beginning

  You started to get to work, starting with the weapon. You washed it, but you weren't sure if it was going to make a difference since it was obviously the weapon. You then drained and cleaned the cups, and any other thing you two touched. You checked the floors to see if you dropped anything, or stepped on any of their blood. For a murder, it was pretty clean, not much happened. There was a bit of blood on your clothes, but you knew how to get rid of that. Unfortunately, you ended up dropping one of the pills on your way out and you left with the pill unnoticed.

  While opening the door to your room, you noticed a scar. You weren't sure if you got it from the stab itself or when you pulled out the knife. Either way, you would have to hide that.

------

  You awoke to the sound of Monokuma's morning announcement. Which isn't exactly the best way to wake up. You did your daily routine and headed for the door. However, before reaching the door, you heard Monokuma's body announcement, and someone knocking on the door. That's when you remembered exactly what happened yesterday, and slowly opened the door. Makoto stood there, eyes widen, and told you that they found the body in the kitchen.

  You two hastily made your way there, where everyone else was. Kyoko was already investigating, and Makoto rushed to help her. After a few minutes, you noticed Chihiro was missing, and so did everyone else. Byakuya told Makoto to follow him, and only moments after they left you heard him scream. Then a bit after another Monokuma announcement. Everyone left from the kitchen and headed to the girl's locker room, were the second body was found.

  While looking through the file Kyouko found something, it said that the murders were committed  by two separate people. It also said that the only thing they had in common was the motive.
------

  Makoto hesitated before knocking on your door for the second time today. He was going to ask you out, and he had no idea on how this was going to go. He decided that with this killing game, anything could happen, so it would be best to ask you out now. You opened the door to see a flustered Makoto in front of you. You weren't expecting him to come over, you thought if someone was going to come over, it would be Kyouko asking for help.

  Makoto fumbled with his hands, trying to find the right words to say, before blurting out he liked you. You looked dumbfounded, before silently saying you liked him too. He didn't believe you at first, he thought he must of heard you wrong, before understanding that you did in fact like him. He awkwardly asked you out, and you giggled a yes. When he left and you closed the door, a stay tear rolled down your check, since you knew, either he was going to die, or you were.

  While investigating everyone soon learned about your relationship, which lifted the mood. This only made you sadder, because you knew you couldn't have the happy ending you wanted with Makoto. Soon time passed, and Monokuma announced the class trails were about to start. The evidence was everywhere and nothing made sense for either murder, but it was Kyouko and Makoto, they would somehow figure it out.

------

"Upupupupup~ That's right! Mondo Oowada did kill Chihiro Fujisaki!" Monokuma then proceeded to explain why Mondo killed him, he also told everyone their secrets. Everyone was shocked, but before anyone could react Monokuma moved onto the next trail as if it never happened. He took Mondo somewhere else and said he would execute him after this trail, which drained the colour from everyone's faces.

------

  It was the end, Kyouko figured it out, and Makoto was still trying to defend you. You smiled at him, tears running down you face. It hurt you seeing him like this, so desperate to convince Kyouko you were innocent, when everything pointed at you. You let out a forced chuckle, before begging Makoto to stop, telling him it hurt to see him like that. Monokuma made you all vote, and you voted for yourself. Monokuma laughed, before revealing your secret.

"Upupupup~ That's right! (Y/n)'s the murder! They killed them!"

  Everyone looked at you, you looked broken. Your fingernails were digging into your seat, while your hair covered your eyes.

"Now for the reason (y/n) did it! Their envelope read: (Y/n) is also known as the Ultimate Blacksmith, but decided to hide this fact when a five-year old boy decided to play with one of the knives. He accidentally stabbed himself, and died instantly. This is not the only death due to (y/n)'s talent. Oh how despair-inducing! It's almost exactly like Mondo's! Only worse!"

  You turned to Monokuma and tried to ask to begin. However, no words came out, so instead you mouthed, "let's go."

  Mondo went first, and you got 'a special seat' which was just you standing on the other side of the fence. Everyone watched in horror as Mondo was executed. After Monokuma caught his breath, he signalled you to back away, probably to adjust the stage into something he planned for you.

  When Makoto saw you backing away, he tried reaching out to you, but nothing came out. He was wide-eyed from the thought of losing you. Then Kyouko spoke:

"(Y/n), I think Makoto has the right to know if you were just using him, or if you actually did like him."

  His eyes widened even more as he turned to face Kyouko, that thought never crossed his mind. What if it was true...?

"No, I do like him, really I do, but I wasn't sure if I should've said yes, it would only make this worse." You turned to face him, and gave him a sad smile. You wanted to go up to him and hug him, or kiss him or- anything really, but it would only make it worse.

Then Monokuma signalled you over. It was your turn.

------

Okay so if you haven't guessed I didn't put a name so you could kill whoever you wanted to kill. This is an extremely long one-shot but I am proud of it. Leave me request, tips and tell others about my book!