After talk

We laid on the sides of the bed only close enough to feel each other's body heat. My heart was still pounding, but I loved it. I looked over to him. He was adorable.
"Hey." I said in a faint voice.
He looked to me smiling. "Hey."
"Well, that was fun."
He laughed slightly, then looked at me seriousness apparent on his face. "You wanted do that right?"
I was a little confused but responded anyway. "Of course I did." I said."Why would I have done it if I didn't want to?"
"Look, you know how I turn into well...it- it comes with side effects. Side effects that include influencing people to either do things I want them to do, or bad things. Normally they may never even come close to doing something like the things I make them, but they can't help it, and most times neither can I."
I took a minute to digest his words.
"Hold on a sec. Is that why you said that I would never steal anything? That it wasn't me. You thought I was being influenced?"
"I knew you were. I have danced with your soul. I know it well. You come off all deceiving, and mysterious, but it's all in a show. You are merely testing the person, seeing what they are really like around someone like that. If you trust or like the person you put down a wall and slowly get closer to them. Once past that they get to see the real you. Sweet, adorable, innocent you."
"And how do you know all this?" I said, trying to sound like I wasn't shocked in any way by the fact he new me better than I sometimes new myself.
"Another 'side effect' I can control or enter people's dreams." he started. "How much do you remember, of dancing, like there was no one else there, in the middle of saloon? Of spinning around in a beautiful steampunk dress? Of only getting a water?"
I felt like I'd been hit with a truck. "No. Please tell me your just making it up, and you didn't see me dance like an idiot."
He rolled around the bed, still tangled in sheets, laughing. "That is what you are worried about?"
"Well yeah. What else is there to be worried about? That one time you'll make me have a nightmare? I mean that I can wake up from. You seeing me make a fool of myself? That is something I can't."
He shook his head in disbelief. "You are so adorable. Ya know that?"
"I guess I have my moments..." I said with a huge smile.
"Oh my god." He said seriously.
"What?"
"You just..."
"Just what? Come on, Brendon."
"You just took a compliment." He bursted out laughing, and I slapped his shoulder.
We laid there talking and joking around. I'd never felt so at home in a hotel room.
Slowly the world got hazier, and my eyelids got heavier. Then everything faded into black.