I Love You.

I looked down at him, lying on the ground. I was scared. That much was true, but not of him, rather what was happening.
   He was in pain. I knelt down next to him and placed my hand on his shoulder.
   "NO!" He hissed and moved his shoulder away. "RUN!"
   "Never."
   "Why?"
   "I love you." I replied. He tried to say something but I kept going and he couldn't talk loud enough, due to pain, to talk over me. "You are adorable, quirky, and not this."
   He looked into my eyes, I saw his start to well up. I held his head in my arms, laying it on my lap.
   "I can...hu-" he grunted, "rt...you."
   "You could. But I know you won't. Even if you did, I wouldn't care." He would have said something if he could, but all that came out were slightly different sounding breaths.
   I leaned in and kissed him. I almost could feel something melting as his horns began to shrink and his claws slowly turned back to normal hands.
   I looked into his eyes. They were still yellow, and watery.
   "Fight it, Brendon. Fight it." I said firmly, then leant down and whispered in his ear, "I know you can." sweetly.
   I held his head for a while and just hoped as I sat there, that he would be okay.
   He started to move. I looked at him. He was back to normal.
   Brendon looked worried still, as he sat up but before I could say anything he pulled me into his embrace.
   "I love you, Y/N," he whispered into my hear, "more than you could ever know."
   "I love you too, Bren-" he pulled away.
   "No. Don't."
   "Don't what?"
   He stood up. "Don't love me. I don't want to hurt you. I don't want to drag you into this. Your a beautiful innocent girl with a bright future. I can't ruin that."
   I was quiet. I didn't know what I was getting into, yet there was a part of me that didn't care. That was the part where I felt like I was in heaven with him. The part that made it hard to breathe around him, made my head spin, made me smile like a fool. That part that made me happy. I couldn't lose that. I stood up too.
   "My future, is with you." I said, really though I had no idea what to say, so whatever came to mind, came out. "Whether it be at our best or worst, I will be there with you. I love you, and it's not like I can turn that off. You make me happy, more than happy even. I don't care if you turn it to a- a- whatever, I will be there for you. You can hurt me all you want even, I won't leave. I'm not scared."
   "Why the hell not?!? Why don't you do what any sensible person would do and run?"
   "Because I'm not letting you be alone. Besides any sensible person is sure as hell not me, and sure as hell never met you. Never fell for your damn charm, and yeah, that survival instinct in the back of my head wishes I hadn't, but fuck survival, I am more interested in being happy and dead, than depressed and technically still alive." I finished, it was quiet.
   "You're not going to leave are you?" He finally asked after a moment of silence. "No matter what I say, no matter how I argue?"
   "Nope."
   "Then screw it." he said, practically lunging for me, pulling me into a full on kiss. I put my hands on the sides of his face and kissed him back. His hands slid down my back, and I put my arms around his neck.
   I jumped up into his arms and while never breaking away, he carried me to the bed and laid me down on the foot of it. He was hovering over me.
We finally broke for a second and I looked into his wonderful brown eyes. I felt his hands pull off my shirt. Then he picked me up again moving me from the foot of the bed to the top. He pulled me into another kiss.