The Things We Do for Brendon Urie

I looked myself over in the mirror. I wore my favorite Panic! at the Disco tank top, black high waisted shorts, and completely black converse. Too much black you say? No such thing.

   I ran to my closet and grabbed a pair of sunglasses, a fedora, and a My Chemical Romance snapback. I tried each of the three accessories out in the mirror, and decided none of them looked all that good. I threw the items over with the rest of it's kind in the 'clothes and other accessories graveyard' previously known as my bed. Guess I'll leave the fedoras to Patrick.

  I grabbed my drawstring bag, and headed for my roommate's door.

  I knocked normally at first. "F/N?" No response, she was probably still asleep. I banged on the door.

   "What?! It's only eleven!"

   "And the music festival starts at two!"

   "It only takes a half hour to get there!"

   We went on to argue about whether it was too early or not and in the end I convinced her to get up. We got to the venue on time and as soon as we were let in we made a break for the front.

   After sitting through several bands, and artists, a DJ came up on to the side stage. He would be playing for twenty minutes, and then would be Panic!. It didn't feel real, Brendon Urie would be right in front of me in just a matter of minutes. I had been waiting since I was fifteen for this moment.

   The crowd started to move around as it became closer to when Panic! went on. I turned to F/N. She was to the side and a little behind me. The crowd started pushing us away from each other. She grabbed my hand but she was pulled away while I got jerked forward.

   "Just call me at the end!" She shouted.

   "Okay!" I hollered back.

   Then the DJ cleared off the side stage. This is it. I watched the dark main stage and squeaked everytime I saw a shadow move.

   Then that amazing beginning to 'Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time' played, and the lights came on. The crowd screamed, me right along with them. Kenny and Dallon were already in there spots playing away.

   "Alright, alright." Then in his shiny golden blazer walked on Brendon Urie. I don't think I had ever screamed louder or higher then that moment.

   Every moment seemed like a dream, especially the part where it felt like Brendon kept looking at me. I decided it was just my imagination. Either that or the lack of oxygen from screaming and jumping around.

   Between the back flip during 'Miss Jackson' and the all out frenzy  during 'I Write Sins Not Tragedies', not to mention being in a crowd for the past six and half hours, I think it was safe to say I was a little tired out, ad my head was starting to spin. 'Victorious' played and I knew they always played it last. Physically I wanted it to end, mentally it felt like it only started five minutes ago.

   The band said their goodbyes and the crowd stayed still for a little bit, all of us hoping for an encore. Well, I  wanted to as well. Yet once again I found myself at the conflict of my physical inability and my desire for just another second to see my favorite band right in front of me, so let's see which one takes over me first. Spoiler alert; Being disoriented, and light headed is definitely more powerful that desire apparently.

   The crowd seemed to turn simultaneously, and suddenly I was reminded of how it felt to be the short kid who's friends liked the deep end. I was lifted off my feet, squished between people, then suddenly dropped, and the cycle continued for what felt like forever. That's when my vision started to go black. I knew how the process happened very well, and at this rate I'll be passed out within the next minute, give or take. At this point ability to call medic would have been lovely, but I knew I wouldn't be able to talk very loud at all, and it'd speed up my minute. My fate was inevitable, so decided to just let it happen, and hoped that F/N would come for me.

   My legs gave out first though surprisingly, yet as I was pushed passed and stepped on, lying on the ground, I sort of wished to be unconscious so I wouldn't feel the severity of every sneaker, sandal, and boot sole. Though of course I would have missed what happened next, which kind of made back massage of pain worth it. As for the finger smashing, I'll get back to you on that.

  "Hey!!!!" Rang through the gigantic speakers. It didn't matter what state I was in, I would always recognize that voice, as I have listened to it many times before, and at this point in my life, it was more comforting than any family member or friend. It was always there, that would never change, unlike everything around me.

   After all his voice was the reason I was in this situation, why I pushed myself to this extreme. This was just one of the many things we do for Brendon Urie.