Chapter 23: Kija vs Ungrateful Villager-Who Speaks More in this Chapter?!

Midori's POV

Honestly, I kind of feel like just sitting here, against the cold, hard rock wall of the cave. There was only a slight problem with my predicament, "The entrance to the cave is blocked."

I glanced up towards the commotion to see that we were—in fact—stuck. Though I had come to this conclusion, my delusional self—because I was in need of sleep—had not taken in the entirety of our current situation.

Not everyone was facing the same dilemma. Yoon was one of these people, I'm sorry to say, "We've been shut in," I turn my body towards the shivering boy beside me, ". . . with this amount of people in this cramped space. . . " I lifted my hand above my head, "we'll run out of air. . !"

As the last of his words left shakily from the trembling pretty boy's mouth, I brought my hand down onto Yoon's shoulder. This effectively broke the poor boy of his fear momentarily as he turned towards me and strongly (and perhaps with the least bit of annoyance) exclaimed, "Ow! Midori! What were you—?!" Shock covered his face as he realized, "You. . . Heh, gee, Midori. . ." I gave a soft, tired smile to the bishonen.

That did not last long as Kija soon exclaimed, "I TOLD YOU—WHY DO YOU HAVE TO KEEP SAYING THAT?!!"

Yoon, Yona, and I stared questioningly at our companion, but it was Yona who addressed him, ". . . Kija?"

Realizing that an explanation was due, Kija blubbered, "I apologize." He then clenched his fist and said, annoyed, "For some reason, that brute of a man suddenly. . . popped into my head and said that." I felt as though an animated question mark hovered over my head as I began to get more and more lost  with Kija's explanation. "Somehow it makes me very irritated." Just as I had begun to give up on understanding what Kija was trying to explain, he mutters, "Protecting the princess is my duty! He didn't have to ask!"

Oh!  Hak must have trusted Yona to Kija! That's why Kija was so irritated!

(A/N: Kija's SALTY~ . . . I'm sorry, I'll just show myself out now. . .)

(A/N: here's the rest of the chapter ;p)

"I kind of feel better," said Yona. She seemed to find Kija's–erm. . . predicament amusing, and this was more relieving to me.

Seemingly determined, Kija replied, "I am feeling well, too." He was planning something, "As long as I am here," Kija slipped off his bandage (it conceals his dragon claw), "there is nothing to worry about."

Noticeably back to normal (more-or-less), Yoon was back to sweat dropping at my 'white dragon brother's' antics, "Kija. . . What are you planning to do by taking out that claw?"

"Dig."
.
.
.
.
"Huh?" Yona.

"Wait." Yoon.

"What?" Me.

The three of us looked on to see a very serious Kija stretch out his claw, preparing to begin attacking the rock that surrounded us.

We weren't the only ones who had taken notice Kija taking out his claw. In fact, it wasn't long before a villager said–well, exclaimed, I guess, "What. . ? U. . . UWAAAAH!"

Another had yelled, "A—a monster!"

If I wasn't already annoyed at the village and the villagers, I was there now, but it seems Kija was at his breaking point as well, "You are being noisy." Yes. Tell them Kija. Do it. "You people who protect–" I may or may not have let out a very audible snort at this point, "–the village of the Seiryuu are so pitiful."

I threw my hand up—I was in the background, feeling rather comical—and muttered tiredly, "Go, Kija!"

Though my companions (including Kija) sweat dropped at my comment, Kija was once again being condescending, "I told you that I was Hakuryuu."

The idiots then began to cower some more as they muttered a small, "Ha–Hakuryuu. . ?"

—cue freak out by Seiryuu villagers as Author-chan really does not want to write the villagers being big babies—

"It's his fault!" Yelled a distressed villager.

Yona stared, she asked the question that had been rolling through my head like a broken record, "Why? Why is Seiryuu's power cursed? He," she turned to me. She looked as though she wanted to mention me, but I shook my head. The less they knew about me, the better, "isn't evil!"

"What would an outsider like you know?!" Man, the dragon villages seem to have a thing against outsiders. "A monster. . ! With dragon eyes has always been born in this village! This generation we were cursed with two! It was only a blessing we sold one away!"

Until this point, I had been twiddling a stick between the fingers of my left hand, but now, I had snapped that stick into two because of that ungrateful villager and his harmful words. I was seething with anger, and unfortunately, as I hid the animosity which was threatening to burst, hot, angry tears trailed down my face.

Yoon, probably one of the two things keeping me from attacking the stupid villagers (the other thing being Yona), was kind enough to take my hand to offer a sense of comfort.

The villager, unfortunately, continued, "We live in constant fear of the power of the Seiryuu. Even if the Seiryuu dies, someone's child becomes the Seiryuu again!" He and I began to shake, the villager was because of fear, or maybe self-pity; I was due to the immense feeling of frustration and anger. "It might be my child next! We live in fear until we die!"

The villager then spoke of Seiryuu-nii, and how he killed off some soldiers (I, of course, could see he was only trying to protect the village; the villagers, not so much) with the power which was granted to us. "I can't stand by it anymore! If it isn't a curse, what is it?!"

I was sincerely trying to calm down. I had seemed to be worrying Yoon, and he was trying to talk away my anger.

His actions weren't the slightest bit useful (though they were appreciated) until I heard a soft jingle and a pair of footsteps coming from the cavern leading further into the cave system.

Nii stepped through the door, and the villager who was bad-mouthing my brother and I turned a ghostly white, "Se. . . Lord Seiryuu. . !" Nii let himself further into the room, scaring the living daylights out of the bigmouthed villager, "I-I didn't say anything! Ah! I was-was just telling the o-outsiders. . .u . . .ah. . ." I covered my ears as I knew this idiot was about to yell again, "UWAAAAH!" He grasped at his head and yelled, "Stay away, MONSTER!" Nii just stood looking at the man quizzically, and the man continued to freak out, "Please don't kill me!"

Please do, honestly.

The man swiped his hand at Nii, "Stay away!"

It was as if time slowed down as the villager's hand caught Nii's mask and knocked it off of Nii's face, sending it to the ground.
___________________________
. . . I apologize. . .

I haven't updated in forever!

I'm having a similar problem with my other AnY fanfiction. Well, actually, no, I have inspiration for this one. The other. . . Not so much. I can't end it where it is though. . . Hmm. . .

Anyway!

How's life guys? Have a good thanksgiving?

I'm okay. School+work+college classes+senior trip fundraisers+life+writing thing I HAVE to do EVERY week+arthritis=little to no time to write for this. Don't worry though, I love this site and community here on wattpad are some of my favorite things, so I will try to update when I can.

Thanks for your support! (One of the many things I was thankful for this thanksgiving)

So, before I go, I have to ask—how many of you have been sucked into figure skating hell (AKA: Yuri!!! On Ice)?

I have. Damnit.

Anyway~ Enjoy the holidays (which are pretty much over, but),
~Ashley :3