Chapter 16: Kija's Strength . . . And Weaknesses

Midori's POV

I walked alongside Yona as my brother and the white snake fought verbally, "You're doing great even though you're not used to traveling," Hak sneered, "Great White Snake."

"If you call me a snake one more time, I will slit your throat."

I spoke up with a deadpan look on my face, "Snake."

Said snake whined to me dramatically, "Not you too, Seiryuu-chan!" I looked away defiantly. Instead of taking anger out on me, Kija turned back to Hak, "Do you think I will grow tired because of this?"

"Well," Hak said with a smirk, "won't you start missing your village soon?"

Yona looked between the two as Kija retaliated, "What are you saying?" I began to grow tired of the fighting, "The Princess asked for my help." A smirk covered the snake's face, "There may be a time where I have to protect you as well."

A scoff sounded from my brother, "Ara? A pampered young lord like you probably can't even fight."

I, still walking beside Yona, whispered, "Amen to that." I proudly got a giggle from Yona thanks to that comment.

Then in all seriousness, Yona punched the two bickering boys in their chins, "Stop it." Yona the peacemaker, "Hak! This is Kija's first time being out of his village and he is very uncertain right now, so don't pick on him!"

Kija tried to deny that accusation, "I'm not—"

"Kija!" Yona continued, "Being a bully is Hak's hobby, so don't pay any mind to him."

Yoon came up to us, "Kija? I'm the pretty boy genius, Yoon. Nice to meet you." He was the most civil of us right now, "You can sense the presence of the dragons right? Tell me which one is closest."

Kija looked like he was trying to be philosophical, "I feel the closest is seiryuu, perhaps."

The other three of my companions look at me as I answer, "Keen observation, white snake. I think all of us could've figured that one out."

"A-ah," Kija realized what his mistake was, "sorry, I meant the other seiryuu, your–ah–brother? By blood I mean."

"Oh," the four of us chorused.

Yoon then spoke up, "Ah, where?"

Yoon showed Kija the map and pointed, "There is something dark and shady in that direction."

"This location sounds rather sketchy," Yoon muttered.

"I'm not scared. Everyone follow me," Kija said as he began to March off towards some trees.

"I'm scared!" Yoon yelled, "I'm afraid to follow a guy who has never set foot out of his village until now!"

I raised a hand and casually commented, "I agree with Yoon."

"Hmph! I have been outside of the village and I know enough about the outside world," Kija said, trying to defend himself. "My clan has jumped from place to place and has gathered information about the country."

We continued to watch Kija walk until he stepped over a pile of leaves that was apparently covering a hole. This was a rather funny experience for me as Kija's weakness appeared, "W-W-W-What is this?! Whose permission did they get to settle here?!" I slowly peered over the hole snickering as I saw some bugs crawling over towards Kija, "W-wait! Stop! Not another step. . .NOOO!! STOP!! DON'T COMR ANY CLOSER!!"

I was snickering as Yoon's unimpressed voice sounded, "Lord Hakuryuu will follow quietly at the back of the line."

Hak took this time to implement his 'hobby', "So, the great dragon deity is weaker than a bug?"