Chapter 14

Clare's POV

I looked back to see Jace getting dragged out of the greenhouse with demons hissing every so often. I turned my head towards my father and see that he has a nasty smirk on his face.

"What do you want from me?" I spat.

"Well, you see," Valentine paused, "I want to lead an army, but I can't do it without you. I need your rune powers for my soldiers."

"Well you can take your soldiers and shove it up your ass because there isn't a slight chance I'd ever go with you." I was surprised how steady and venom laced my words were.

"Tsk tsk tsk. I tried to do this the easy way Clarissa, but you leave me no choice." Said Valentine.

My eyes widen as he held up his hand and snapped his fingers. The last thing I remember before blacking out was a burning pain on my leg that just healed.

Then I screamed.

Jace's POV

I ran up and down stairs and corridors before finally finding the library. I stormed in breathing heavily and my hair plastered on my face with sweat. Alec, Isabelle, Magnus, and Simon all turned their heads to look at me.

"Jace, what's wrong?" Alec asked.

"It's-it's Clary. They're gonna take her somewhere. Something about an army. She told  me to come here, to you, Magnus. And now I don't know what to do-" I was cut off by two different screams. Clary and...Simon?

"Simon?! What's wrong?!" Isabelle screamed.

Simon had been cradling his right arm and I began to notice blood seeping through his fingers. He removed his hand and I saw a black drawing, that Clary also had on her right forearm, bleeding.

"Jace. Where's Clary?." Simon said. His words laced with venom.

"In the greenhouse." I said breathlessly.

And with that, he and Magnus bolted out of the room.

AN: Why hello there my little marshmallows! I am extremely sorry for the lack of updates. I have writer's block and can't think of much. And also I have school and stuff soooo....yeah. Anyway, I'll see you in the next chapter. Goodbye my marshmallows