Chapter 9

Jace POV

Clary whispers something to the limp body in her arms before she collapses backwards. I ran with as much speed as I can produce before her head hits the ground.  I look down at her leg and see that blood is pouring out of it, along with some black slime around the wound.

"Clary...don't leave me, please." I whisper. I feel a hand on my shoulder and see Magnus with slit pupils like a cat's. He then sees Clary in my arms and his eyes widen. He snapped his fingers and everyone disappeared. He snapped again and a glowing hole in the wall opened.

"Hurry up. Walk into the portal. HURRY!" I quickly picked up Clary bridal style and walked into what Magnus called the portal and all of a sudden I was in a room with many small white beds. Not long after, Magnus, Izzy, and Alec appeared behind me.

"Put her on one of the beds. If we don't work fast, the demon venom will kill her." I walked to one of the beds and put clary down.

"Demon venom? But there's no such thing-" I started.

"No time to explain."

 He walked to Clary and sat next to her. His hand hovered over Clary's wounded leg. His hand was glowing a vibrant blue, almost like blue fire. Slowly I saw that the burns and cuts on her leg began to fade. I turned to Magnus who looked very pale and looked like he was about to faint.

"There's too much venom. I'm getting weaker. I need more strength. Someone, anyone, give me your hand." Alec stepped forward and ran to Magnus' side. He hesitantly placed his hand in his. The fire seemed to glow brighter than it was before. It grew brighter and brighter, until the whole room was filled with white light. All of a sudden the light died out and Magnus fell into Alec's arms.

"Will she be alright?" I asked with an urgency in my voice.

"She'll be fine. I just don't know when she will wake up...or if she ever will." Magnus said, out of breath. He stood up shakily with tears running down his face as he left the room. Not many moments later Alec and Isabelle walked out of the room leaving Clary and I alone. I walked over to where she was laying and sat beside her. I grabbed her hand and placed it in mine. This happened for minutes at a time, until those minutes turned to hours, and hours turned to days.

3rd person POV

Alec followed Magnus out of the Infirmary and into a large corridor.

"Magnus. Magnus! Magnus, talk to me."

"Why should I? You're gonna leave anyway. Just like Clary almost left me. I've known her since she was a baby. I've known her, her whole life. I can't loose her Alexander." Magnus sobbed.

Alec pulled Magnus into a tight embrace, "I know you don't want her to go. Of course you don't. I wouldn't want to either."

"No! Alexander you don't understand. I've known her, her whole life. I'm centuries of years old. I'm a warlock. I'm immortal. I will never die until someone kills me. I watched her grow up, watched her turn into a wonderful young woman. Her mother paid me to block her memory of anything to do with this world. Blocked her memory of ever seeing shadowhunters, warlocks, vampires, werewolves, faeries, and demons. The shadow world. I owed her a lot. She saved my life and the least I could do was help her. The same thing your parents did to me. They paid me and threatened me into blocking your guys' memories of the shadow world. They told me that if I didn't do what they asked, that I couldn't be with or see you. I loved you too much. I'm always so selfish. You can leave me if you want. just like everyone else in my life." As Magnus started to walk away, Alec pulled him into him and kissed him fiercely and with everything he had.

"I could never leave you." Alec whispered against Magnus' soft lips. Magnus smiled and pulled him back to him.

Jace's POV

It's been 37 days since I've last seen Clary's eyes. 37 days since I've heard Clary's laugh. 37 days since I've seen Clary smile. 37 days with nothing.

Alec walked in  holding a plate with a sandwich.

"You gotta eat something Jace. When Clary wakes up I know she won't like the way you look."

He was right. I was much skinnier than I was a month ago and I had dark circles under my eyes. With a sigh I took the plate and started to eat. Alec stood there and watched as I ate and when I finished he took the plate and left. I haven't talked to anyone but Clary for the past month. From time to time, Jocelyn, Luke and Simon would come and see Clary for about an hour and left, knowing that I was hurting more than anyone else right now. I looked at her lifeless body on the bed as I started to tear up.

"Clary," I whispered, "Clary. Please wake up. Please. I don't know what to do without you. I'm lost without you. I love you Clary." I sobbed into her hand.

Clary's POV

Where am I? 

It's so dark.

"Clary."

Who said that? Was it an angel? Am I dead?!

"Clary please wake up. Please." I hear someone pleading. It was at this time that I found out is was Jace. He grabbed my hand and I tried to open my eyes and squeeze his hand, but I couldn't. 

  "I don't know what to do without you. I'm lost without you. I love you Clary."

Jace loves me? Jace loves me!!!

I use all of my energy to try and squeeze his hand. My hand twitched a little and I could hear Jace gasp. I squeeze his hand more successfully and try to open my eyes. Once I get my eyes open, I looked Jace in the eye and said, "I love you too."